Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Widening Website Dimensions

I have an old site I built with a width of 800 pixels. I would like to expand that to 955 pixels, but it messes up the toolbar to the point of no return. I was a beginner when building this site, and I may have ruined any chances I had when I first built the site, but is there a trick to expanding a site while maintaining the objects? I have attached the file that is my attempt at widening the site, but I may have to rebuild.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Widening Website Dimensions

The key thing you need do is convert your navigation buttons to a Navigation Bar.

Select all of your current buttons.
    Right-click and pick Create Navigation Bar...
    Stretch the Bar out to 955px.

You could alter the Home button first to a mirror of your Contact button and select First and Last button different.
    Alternatively, pick an existing style and then alter its colour theme.

Acorn

I would handle it like this.

Delete all your navigation buttons except the home button.

Select the Home button and from the Website Properties flyout menu, select the Navigation Bar Tool.

Select Navigation Bar appears on all pages (or whatever this option is), and un-check all buttons are the same size.

You will get a very wide navigation bar.

Double click on the navigation bar and delete the pages that you do not want to appear on the main navigation bar. Now center your navigation bar on the banner area.

Select a page to add a sub menu to and add a new item under that button, name the item and link it to the appropriate page.

I redid the main navigation bar on the home page in the attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks, both methods worked and I have begun the restructuring process. I appreciate your help.