Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Web designer making animation

hello all, I had both Web designer graphic designer 9 and want to make an animation GIf, at the moment I cannot open photo graphic designer because it is causing some error, I have the support team looking at it as well at the moment.

Is it possible to make an animation GIf the same as with graphic designer.

I have been trying to fix this for some time.

There is an attached error message JPEG as well.

Any assistance is appreciated regards Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photographic design error printscreen.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	98150  

Default Re: Web designer making animation

Yes, you can make animated GIFs in Photo & Graphic Designer.

As for the JPG Access violation problem - that's another one for the support team I think.

If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

hello Frank, know I want to make a animation like we had been discussing in web designer, photographic designer is what is causing the problem, I cannot open it unfortunately.

It was working recently intimately, I think eventually will have two get a new hard drive putting into the computer.

Regards Mark

It won't be anything to do with the Hard Drive.
    Clear your backups folder as it could be a corrupt file that's causing the problem.

EDIT: BTW: A feature to disable 'restore last opened files on start' is already added to the next update of XaReg2

hello Sledge, I cannot find backup folder, is it exactly one for the series of programs from the company or something different. I have done a search cannot find it that way.

Any assistance regards Mark

The only thing I did find which has been put on my desktop is Masters which had a couple of creations

If your Windows user name is 'Mark' open this folder from the Windows 'Run' box (Winkey+R)
    C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Xara\Xtreme\9.1\Backups
    (Sorry, not sure how you are setup to work)

When the folder opens, sort by date and delete the most recent few of files (or all of them if you wish)
    Then try to re open PGD9 again.

hello sleager , thank you very much for the information I will try after. The computer name is just user I leave it as default. I suppose I'd better get used to using Windows 7 eventually. Everything is just so hard to find when you have been used to Windows XP, and also every time you do something you have to restart it. Anyway I'll get there eventually. Will keep you informed, thank you for the info. You are always coming to my rescue.

This forum is really good, Larry is a good bloke also, he helped me a lot on it when doing double sided animations.

Nobody has answered a question if you can make a GIf animation in Web designer like you can do in photo or graphic designer. I know it has animation I think it will be done differently in that type of program.
    So how do you change an avatar or a picture next to your information. I have a look in my profile settings and could not find it quickly.

I never have any problem or any other forums or other websites.

Thank you again for your help, I'll have a look about 1:30 AM at the backup problem.
    PS I just remembered, who has a masters follower on my desktop with some animation or other information which I have made, possibly in Web designer trying to remember. If I delete those that may be the problem, also what is the folder used for and can I be somewhere else.
    I have to wait until I can get into the program to be able to do anything, so hopefully you're fixing a folder will help.
    Regards Mark

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    Nobody has answered a question if you can make a GIf animation in Web designer like you can do in photo or graphic designer
    Yes, you can make a gif animation in Web Designer like you can do in PGD.
    The animation features are the same across the Designer family.

what is the (masters) folder used for and can I be somewhere else.
    From the Xara PGD9 Help file;

Photo Editing

You can choose what should happen when you save a Photo Document with a modified photo in it. By default the original photo file is preserved in a .xar file in a "Masters" sub-folder and the original opened photo file is overwritten. You can choose to have the original photo file saved in the "Masters" folder instead, or you can choose to not have the original photo preserved at all. See the Editing Photo Files section of the Photo Handling chapter for details.
    From the WD9 Help file;

Editing Photo Files

You can use Web Designer 9 Premium to easily edit your JPEG photos and save back the modified JPEG. And unlike with most photo editors, you can do this multiple times without loss of quality, even though the JPEG format is a lossy format. That's becauseWeb Designer 9 Premium is able to save your edits in a lossless way, along with the original photo. Here's how it works.

First open the JPEG, using "File" > "Open", drag and drop, or in Windows File Explorer right click and choose Web Designer 9 Premium from the "open with" list. The photo is opened as a Photo document.

Edit the photo using the photo tools as described above.

If you then do "File" > "Save" ("Ctrl + S"), the JPEG file you loaded will be overwritten with the modified image. However by default Web Designer 9 Premium also saves your photo in its native .web format. This file is placed into a "Masters" folder alongside your JPEG file. It has the same name as your photo file but with a .web extension. The .web file includes within it your original photo without the modifications applied, and of course details of your edits.

In future if you load the modified JPEG file in order to edit it further, Web Designer 9 Premium will look in the Masters folder to see if there is a .xar file available for that photo. If so, the .web file is loaded instead of the JPEG file and you can continue editing from where you left off. When you next save, the JPEG file is again overwritten and an updated .web file also saved into the Masters folder.

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    Nobody has answered a question if you can make a GIf animation in Web designer like you can do in photo or graphic designer.
    Look at post #2 of this thread. I answered it there.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.