Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do I link to an internal page within my website I am creating...

I recently purchased Xara web designer premium 9. I have used frontpage, and expression web before to create websites, but with 9, I can not seem to be able to link properly to an internal page on a website I am creating... For example: I created an index page, and then I created a page with a photo gallery on it. But when I go to link the index page to the photo gallery page, in the web properties area, I go to link to and the photo gallery page doesn't show... Just next page, previous page, and the normal options. I would appreciate any info and help on resolving this matter soon... Thanks...

Default Re: How do I link to an internal page within my website I am creating...

Welcome to TalkGraphics

When you create a new page, you can name the new page in the Page and Layer Gallery. New pages just have numbers by default. So you can link to 1, or you can open the Page and Layer Gallery and click on the 1 and then rename the page.

Page names will always be in lowercase and if you have two or more words in the name, I separate them with a dash (-).

If you create a Navigation Bar for your website, you can rename the pages and use caps and lowercase or all caps, whatever you want.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	name page.png 
Views:	213 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	98110  

Default Re: How do I link to an internal page within my website I am creating...

Thanks, I appreciate the help. It worked!!

As a user of both FrontPage and Expression Web, just like you, I have converted to either Xara Web Design 9 Premium or Joomla! for all new websites I create. I am really pleased with Xara. After having had much frustration with Expression Web, Xara seems like a breeze to learn. Although I have had my difficulties, I have generally gotten things to function properly, both on my own and with excellent help from Gary and others at talkgraphics.com. How do you find the Xara 9?

hobbspeter-I agree with you on xara 9, I find it to offer a great deal of assortments, and ease of use. I am so happy I was able to learn to link!