Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 Weird Mouse scroll problem

Hi There,

Can anyone assist with a mouse problem.
    Just installed new wireless keyboard and wireless mouse.
    Everything working perfect until I opened up Web designer and I can't scroll up and down the main window
    I can scroll in the help section and the side bars but not in the main work area ??

Anyone gotta fix on this one ?

I have gone into page options and tried all the settings and reset them but it's still not working - STRANGE !!

Cheers
    MearnswoodTech
    Last edited by mearnswoodtech; 10 August 2013 at 10:28 PM. Reason: updated info / typo

Default Re: Weird Mouse scroll problem

If you mean there is no scrollbar for the work area, make sure it's set to show
    Window>>Bars>>Scrollbars

If you mean the mouse wheel zooms rather than scrolls, change this in Options>>Mouse>>Mouse options>>Mouse wheel movement

HI Sledger,

No none of the two you mentioned.

In the main window I have the scroll bars Hor/Ver but previously I could move vertically up and down with the mouse wheel rather than using the bars - cant now. Although I can scroll in the design gallery or page section on the RH side.
    I also used to be able to hold shift+use the wheel to move left/right : not any more.
    I can use the wheel +Cntrl to zoom in and out

So my issue is I cannot scroll up and down using the wheel on my mouse.

Very strange. If I click the wheel I get the grab hand and can move the page around.

Cheers
    MearnswoodTech

Probably a driver issue then.
    I never install mouse or keyboard drivers on my PCs, just use the default windows drivers.
    Unless you have a zillion custom buttons on the keyboard and mouse and want to configure them all to something specific you rarely ever need the manufacturers drivers.

HI Sledger,

Will take a look and select the windows driver if the option is available.

Cheers
    MearnswoodTech

I had issues with a Microsoft mouse (Explorer something or other version) and still have some issues with one on my Wife's PC. I have a small MS bluetooth mouse that works fine and my Logitech mice both work fine as well. I only ever had issue with MS mice, and only version wireless ones, regardless of whether I used the built in Windows drivers or the manufacturers drivers. The scrolling would work, but would be really glitchy. It wasn't a wheel problem because as you mentioned, the ctrl-wheel zooming worked fine. When I swapped the zoom/scroll function, zoom still worked (without ctrl) and the scrolling with ctrl still did the same things as when set the original way.

Does this describe the issues you are having? This was something I had since probably v6 or v7. My solution was to just use a different mouse, unfortunately, but at least I found a mouse I liked a LOT better anyway