Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Little Poll

Default Little Poll

I guess this is the right forum for this. We are creating our new website for web design and have most of it set out and are in the process of choosing colours so I thought I would also get some advice from people who between them must have hundreds of years of experience in design so here goes. Basically if you go to this site http://flatuicolors.com/ there are some nice colours there and the question is which colour would suit our new website, the website itself if very minimal except a full width, largish footer which will be one of these colours or something you can recommend, other elements to use this colour will be part of the logo, highlighted words and hover states for buttons etc. The predominant colour will be white (now comments about that not being a colour please) as well as the colour labeled 'clouds' for some elements (boxes) and the 'asbestos' colour for text.

As I said if you have a colour suggestion other than just these colours please let me know.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Default Re: Little Poll

Rather difficult to choose a colour theme for your new site from a simple page full of large blocks of various colours which has a far different affect on the eye in that form than seeing a mocked up prototype of your site with colour theme selection choices, Sketch.

But you can try. The idea is to find which colour people find 'nice' or rather one which is good on the eye, and surely one must be able to do that from looking at a block of colour or a single letter of colour. I asked because I believe that even though a layperson may not be able to visualise it, people here on the forum with so much experience in design surely can; it is said that an interior designer can visualise a whole room in a particular colour just from a colour swatch of paint - so come on prove me right - even if it is just to say which is your favourite colour.

it is said that an interior designer can visualise a whole room in a particular colour just from a colour swatch of paint
    Yes, but first he must see the room.

I didn't say it was correct but the qualifier was 'it is said'. Shall I rephrase? Which is your favourite colour Gary?

Green Sea

My favourite colour varies in context, Sketch. What might work for one design may not work so well for another.
    If I said I like MIDNIGHT BLUE it would be true that I like MIDNIGHT BLUE, but if I saw it used for a website design where it didn't suit, then I'd not like MIDNIGHT BLUE as a colour choice.
    Get it?

Get it?
    Not really, as we are on a web design forum and discussing a good colour for a web site, perhaps I should have clarified my question, what is your favourite colour for a website?

I have no 'one single' favourite colour, Sketch and neither do I think there is there one 'good colour' for a website above all others (imho). Being interested in design, graphics and photography means I like all colours in the right context. It's how those colours are used which makes them successful choices or not. Because I might like MIDNIGHT BLUE does not mean it would be the best choice for your site, it might very well be perfect or it might very well look terrible. But I haven't seen your site design and it's content (product photos etc), so I can't say what might work best or what I'd personally choose.
    As I say, if you showed us a prototype with a variety of colour selections, then I could make a choice.

Chalky pastel shades. Blue is supposed to be the most popular colour generally - being a born-and-bred Liverpool fan I dislike admitting it and the LFC site would just look plain weird if it was blue - so would attract most people in theory. As Steve says, it really does depend on the site, for yours - design etc - perhaps a bit more colourful though not to the extent of Pop-Art. Efficiency comes first in your line I would say.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64