Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Slicing images

Hybrid View

Default Re: Slicing images

I have never, not once exported an image in slices and I have never not once understood the poorly written help file section on 'Image Slicing', it messes with my head.

I seem to remember doing it for a tutorial. As yes, here it is http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/workbook33/page_5.htm

This was done some time ago but it should still be current as I do not think this function has changed.

I have done it in Photoshop and, as expected, it just works.

I guess the function was put in there back in the day when Xara started doing web output and web images were regularly sliced for table layouts but, frankly, I don't know how anybody managed.
    It's a nightmare function that never worked properly back then and still doesn't now. I followed your steps, Gary, to the letter (before you posted the workbook obviously) but the results were wrong every time.

I could go into exactly what went wrong with my attempt today but it just angers me so I'll move on, life's too short.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Sometimes it's a case of the right tool for the job.

This is the problem I have with my somewhat OCD personality. I soooooo wanted to be able to do it in Xara and dispense with Photoshop. I spent about 10 times the time I should have in trying to get the result I wanted and still failed, all the time, of course, getting more and more frustrated and angry.

I suspect the help file section is so poorly written because the person whose task it was to write it realised this feature was so flawed from the start and you know how it is, you can Baffle Brains with Bull***t.

Name:  35.gif
Views: 176
Size:  2.5 KB
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.