Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Web Designer 9 Premium

I am using the trial version of Web Designer 9 Premium and before I decide to upgrade to the full version could someone please answer the following question for me please. I am currently using MS Expression Web and I am finding it a bit to much to cope with. This software allows me to save the complete site offline on my pc in the traditional html format rather that a project file. I have been looking around at other software and cannot find any that will allow me to save as html as local files on my pc. Does the above software allow me to do this?

many thanks in advance

Default Re: Web Designer 9 Premium

Yes.

File>>Export Website

David, you will still need the Xara project file - Xara can't work from the HTML files alone and cannot be used to seamlessly read HTML files in order to edit a web page.

As sledger says, you can save the HTML produced by Xara locally, but I have to ask what you intend doing with the files.

The trial that you have is no different with regards to functionality than a purchased version.

Many thanks for your response. I have now bought the full version and first impressions are good, and that its seems easier than MS Expression Web. To answer your question why....it's because that's the way I have always done things, to save everything as html files rather than us project files....but I'm open to change! I think I am going to asking lots of questions on this board until I get used to this new software......like how do you remove the captions from the nivo slideshow (I've figured out by editing the jquery.nivo.slider.pack how to alter the transitions and timing etc but cannot find any reference to turning off the captions at the bottom of the picture..............again many thanks in advance