Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Registry Edit Question

Hello,

I recently re-installed xara designer pro 8 on my new computer and edited the registry setting to allow SuperWideInfobar (from 0 to 1). [I do a lot of kerning] I was just wondering if someone knew what the regestry item just above that is "ShowSystemBars". It is set to "0" I wanted to make sure that the setting of 0 is correct because i modified that first by mistake, then went on to SuperwideInfobar.

Thanks very much for any info...yes I know to be careful in the registry but it was a long day.

Default Re: Registry Edit Question

Have a look at XaReg http://xara-users.info/xr2help/xr2/click.php?id=1 You can make a lot of registry changes without messing directly with the registry settings themselves.

Thank you Gary, I had a prior version of XaReg a few years back when I was using pro 5 but did not know about XaReg2. Thank you

ShowSystemBars is a legacy setting that no longer has any effect.

Also, to restore a single registry entry to the default value, simply make sure the program is not running and then delete the one specific value you want to be reset (be very careful at this step that you don't accidentally delete the wrong thing, like the whole of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software). Run the program again and quit it and the value will have been set back to the default.

Gerry