Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 path to htm_files

Is there a possibility that the path to the index_htm_files is editable? When I try to make a newsletter with the pictures on my website than I must change that path-settings in clear html (in notepad) for every line the has the path to index_htm_files. It would be so much easier when it could be done in Webdesigner. I work with Designer Premiun.

thanks.

Jos

jgmhogeling
    Last edited by PeteS; 08 August 2013 at 09:58 AM. Reason: removed email addresses, unless you want to get spammed :)

Default Re: path to htm_files

I've removed the links to your email addresses from your post, it's not a good idea to post them as it's likely that you'll end up with lots of spam being sent to them.

To answer your question, no all of the exported graphics and other files that make your website look corrcet are exported into the _index_htm_files folder and all links within the HTML files are pointed there.

There is no need to change this. Out of interest could you explain why you think you need to?

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    I've removed the links to your email addresses from your post, it's not a good idea to post them as it's likely that you'll end up with lots of spam being sent to them.

To answer your question, no all of the exported graphics and other files that make your website look corrcet are exported into the _index_htm_files folder and all links within the HTML files are pointed there.

There is no need to change this. Out of interest could you explain why you think you need to?

Well,
    I designed a newsletter for email in WD. Exported the site (index-page and files-dir) to a map on my computer, open it in a webbrowser, select all, copy and past it in an new email (eg livemail from windows). When I send this, all the pictures are pointed at my local computer.
    So I copy the map (index_files) to my server and change the path in the html-code of the index-file for every item in de index_files_directory. Then I copy the page again to a new email. Now, after sending) the pictures are visible for the receivers of my newsletter.
    If it was possible to change the path within (inside) WD (web-options), this would be a lot easier.

thank for thinking with me.

Jos

jgmhogeling

OK I see. Web Designer is not designed for creating HTML email newsletters, plus the javascript that's exported with the page will most likely blocked by email clients because it's 'active content'.

Just a thought in fact and I haven't tested this out or thought much about it so you'll have to try it first before using it;

In Web Designer Premium go to Utilities > Web Properties > Website tab and enter the following code:

Code:
    <base href="www.example.com/" />
    So replace www.example.com/ with the path to where you're publishing your website document to. The relative paths in the HTML file will then use www.example.com/ as the base href (so it's as if you are adding www.example.com/ before all of the relative links in the HTML file).

Make sure that you add the trailing / at the end of the URL though otherwise the images will not be found.

I'm still not sure it will work though, just brainstorming!