Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Disappearing text

Hello folks.

I've almost completed my first web site with xara, but i'm again being hit with some unknowns in my page view.

Example. I went to view one of the 4 pages I designed in the xara provided browser. It looked ok, but when i pulled it into firefox, several objects, bars, text, were missing (or hidden)

one major recurring problem are a couple button/text SOft groups. They appear in both the mouse off and mouse over layer. BUT, the text will not show in the browser.

when i inspect the layers in the design/layer gallery, i notice that the text is ONLY in the mouse over layer. The object (bar, shadow) shows in the off and on layer. this i don't understand and can't help thinking this is the problem.

Another alignment issue. One one page I have a text 3d I made titled "APPROVALS" it appears perfectly aligned in Xara, but when i go into browser view, it is out of place significantly.

CRITICAL: if i click on each individual page to view in the XARA browser, the page looks ok HOWEVER, when i'm in the browser and click on the navigation bar to see the transition between pages, the pages are missing objects or out of align.

It doesn't seem to be a true WYSIWYG .... i was getting very close to publishing and now it feels like back to basics.

I even put in a footerto repeat on all pages and on two pages its halfway up the page instead of on bottom. I right clicked and it was set to repeating and "footer".

I put alot in this email. I really hope someone can help. You've been great so far and while the program doesn't "seem" too complicated, i'm at a loss with these issues.
    thanks

Default Re: Disappearing text

Attach your file and we/someone/I will take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Attach your file and we/someone/I will take a look.
    Thank you Sledger. There are only 4 pages in my site (so far) but i won't have much more. As I recall, the discount page was not showing some of the header bar and on 1 or two pages the little stretch
    text bars were not showing text.

also the alignment of the footer was shifting. appreciate any feedback.

If someone can answer this, i am curious why a page might look "ok" in Xara but shift so prominently in a web browser?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Not looked at it thoroughly yet but you've got the MouseOver layer visible on all pages and the buttons on the discounts page have been edited on the MouseOver layer only, so that is why they appear smaller and with no text when you preview the page. Delete those 2 buttons and re-insert them.

Hi Pete. thanks for quick reply. Heres what confuses me about that.
    It was stressed that all additions be put on the mouse off layer, and i've done that. when you say i have the mouseover layer visible, i didn't realize i had to turn on the "red eye"

if i delete and reinsert, will they not also show on the mouseover layer as a soft group?

I'm glad you saw that immediately because the mouseover/off concepts have been very tough for me to get my brain around. I've been keeping everything visible and unlocked.

PSPS It is the COURSE SELECTION page where most of the colored header is not viewable in the full browser.
    Last edited by Richie1027; 08 August 2013 at 01:49 PM. Reason: additions

By default the MouseOver layer is hidden (has a red eye icon) so you don't need to make it visible. Yes buttons and nav bars and other similar objects that have a mouseover state will place some parts of them on the MouseOver layer, but you don't need to worry about that.

If you leave the Page & Layer Gallery as it is by default, with the MouseOff layer selected and the MouseOver layer hidden then the web preview will be WYSIWYG.