Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Bouton's Wish List for version x10 (because x9 didn't have them!)

Have to agree with vector brushes I have been rattling on about these since version 4 which is a long time. This is the number 1 improvement.
    Also agree with bitmap tracer and if they do improve in this area they must include a facility to close stray points.
    On a similar area as stray points and a tool that I use frequently in Illy is "Same" : Appearance/Attribute, Stroke - Fill & Colour, Opacity, Blending Mode, Fill, Stroke Colour, Stroke Weight. I use this a lot when hand tracing image and where I want a line/fill to stand out from the line/fill colour below I give it a bright colour. Then after finishing the trace I quickly want to give its finish colours and I use this method of doing it. Name colours I know can do this but it's a bit of a toil and pfaff in Xara.
    The SVG export filter has to be updated as well since a few people on this thread are mentioning html 5.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

The SVG export filter was updated in Designer Pro X9 to filter version 4.0.0.1 and weighs in at 1.2Mb
    If you are still using Designer Pro 6, Peter - the SVG filter is version 2.0.0.17 - it's just 396Kb
    IP

Hi,

Does X9 exports stroke shapes properly in SVG?

Marc

The 16384 pixel count treshhold is way too limitied for my needs. The pdf-export screws up my images, so I need pixels. Why not write a TIFF-file directly to disk in case memory is too low?
    Oh well, will wait for the next version(s?).
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by MarcT View Post
    Does X9 exports stroke shapes properly in SVG?
    Aaaaah nooo!
    Bug still there...

Referring to this?
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...-export-option

Seems not so trivial to fix after all
    IP

Or, through lack of will, organization, priorities--or whatever--it just didn't make the cut.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by MarcT View Post
    Aaaaah nooo!
    Bug still there...
    Try this SVG.

Started in XDP, exported as an Xara EPS. Opened into Expression Design. Exported as an SVG from ED.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Wouldn't it be just as easy to convert pressure profile line to shape in DPX9, Mike? Then export to SVG, all from within DPX9
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Oops. Uploaded the wrong file. What I was attempting to shiw--and will when I get home--was some differences in the shear number of nodes in both applications' svg output. Got interuppted by the phone and Elvis has left the building...
    IP