Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Xara Tutorials and Movies

Hi All--

The XaraXone is up and operational now on new server hardware. Along with the server change there has also been a DNS change that is working throughout the Internet. If you are not able to see the Xaraxone.com now, you may need to clear your browser cache, or wait a while for the change to reach your part of the world. Also some internet service providers use proxy servers to speed up browsing, especially for dialup and DSL customers, and it may take a bit for those proxy servers to catch up.

The server that XaraXone used to be on was acting up and becoming unreliable, so a move to new server hardware was scheduled for Mon Aug 5th with goal of being a seamless and undetectable transition. Unfortunately the old serve decided to quit after 5pm Friday (UK time) and was not able to be restarted -- so it was on to plan B - do the move Sunday instead of Mon and use a backup instead of a transfer. That appears to have been successful, but we will be testing tomorrow to make sure that nothing got dinged in the process.

If you notice that something is not quite right please PM me with the details.

Many thanks to Dan M at Xara for working on a Sunday night to make this happen as soon as possible.

--Barbara Bouton

PS Please pardon the cross posting but I want everyone to be sure to see this.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Yes it works for me

I think we should give a BIG round of thanks to Barbara, DanM and Gary for their tireless efforts to get the Xone back up and running quickly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I just got a note from Xara that the servers are back:

Hopefully all fixed now. We've had problems with the 1&1 server recently, we moved it to a new one yesterday.

As of Monday, 8.00am New York DST, the Xara Xone is back up, but only to the end of July.

The server that crashed took the page updates with it after the end of July; Barbara is rebuilding the pages, they should be up and properly linked today.

Here's a link to the Packaging and Perspectives tutorial that is not easy ot access with the currently displayed menu:

Packaging and Perspective Tute

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p and p main billboard.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	97890

When you access the Xaraxone today, please continue to clear your cache, as the DNS server will be changing (re)direction as the site is rebuilt.

We thank you for this interruption and return you now to our regularly scheduled program,
    (That's a very old U.S. broadcast saying when your favourite TV show is upstaged with the news),
    Gary