Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: CD Install - XDPX9

You need to uninstall the download version first, then install from the DVD. This is the same as it has been in all previous versions.

If you save the registry keys for your toolbars it's a simple matter of restoring them once you have installed the DVD version.

Yes, it's a workaround, and maybe this should have been better conceived, but it does seem to work.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Got mine the other day, I like the new sleeve, looks slick compared to the paper one I got in previous upgrades. Almost a shame not to install it
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

I just installed mine so as to have all of the designs, art etc. on disc. After the installation it asked me if I wanted to use the settings from a previous version so, to see what this did (I can't remember ever using this option before) I clicked yes. I suspected that it would use my settings from XDPX but in fact XDP9X opened up with my light grey interface and all my toolbars in the correct position, including interface changes I had made in XDP9X that weren't ever in XDPX.

Of course my default template has reverted to the Xara default and not my own and the galleries are docked in the program windows and not outside it on the second monitor, but I hardly call that earth-shattering, irreversible damage!

So, there is the proof that uninstalling the program and then re-installing from the DVD doesn't appear to pose any great risks to UI personalisation.

Good news, Kato!
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Thanks Big Frank for testing.

Acorn