Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Web document / online publication

I thought that it would be nice to share my online publication I am doing with DP9. The nice thing about this is that not only can it be viewed on any device I can add live links and once someone has bookmarked the link they will always have the most recent issue. I also have a repository of pdf issues available on my website. And to top it all off I can use the same .xar file for Pdf, html, and the printed copies!

Here is both a link and a QR code. (I'm aware of the dotted line above the headline on the first page and I'll have that fixed for the next issue)

Good Morning Sunshine
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Web document / online publication

Works for me. You might want to give the page a title though. index is pretty generic.

As I'm exporting this as a web document not a website I can't change the page title without converting to a website and losing the ability to scroll through the pages. To export as a website I would need to add navigation and that would mean I would need to some customizing of the layout for the html version. I could certainly do that but then it changes the whole look of the issue and I would lose a fair bit of space in order to make the navigation mobile friendly.

I tried converting to a website setting the page title and then converting back to a print doc but the page scrolling is gone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    I tried converting to a website setting the page title and then converting back to a print doc but the page scrolling is gone.
    then this is probably a bug or a programing oversight
    if its for publication on the web the ability to add a apage title is mandatory
    not your fault obviously
    xara should adress this

anyway, i bet the local people are pleased as punch with it
    youve sure got plenty of advertisers
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

But, there's a trick

Enter your page title in the 'Comment' field of the File > Document Info dialogue.
    On export to web, this will be used as the page title.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-08-02_103422.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	97797  

And a clever trick it is. Thanks.

Thanks Frank, actually we aren't getting enough advertisers to make much of a profit after printing the printed issues, and other business expenses that's why we've decided to push the online issue. But yes GMS is a local favourite. Now we just need to get the locals to read it online

The plan is to keep printed copies available in a few select locations and to focus on increasing our online readership for now. Eventually I'd love to just go completely online but we have to do this one step at a time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Eventually I'd love to just go completely online but we have to do this one step at a time.
    i live in the countryside
    i know who you'fre dealing with
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

As I'm exporting this as a web document not a website I can't change the page title without converting to a website and losing the ability to scroll through the pages.
    Angelize, please explain to me why you could not export you web document with another name than "index.htm". Perhaps it is the heatwave that is causing my brain to melt but why use "index.htm" as the file's name?

It's the page Title, not page name that was the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    It's the page Title, not page name that was the issue.
    I understand that but my question, rephrased, is why not export the web document with the name that you want to show in the browser tab?