Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Bob's Xara (and other graphic programs) vector work

I wasn't sure in which gallery thread to put this. A friendly moderator is welcome to put it somewhere more appropriate.
    I often use Xara Designer Pro in conjunction with other programs mainly Illustrator, a trusty old image editor Paintshop Pro 8, Photoshop and Vector Magic. Less frequently, Inkscape, Livebrush, Corel Painter and Expression Design 4 come into play.

To kick things off, here is a kaleidoscopic effort that has a tribal feel to it. I started off with XDPX to create a vector design of a bunch of leaves that I made some time ago (attached). I recoloured them to 3 or four shades of blue (nothing to do with Charlie Mingus).
    This I opened in Paintshop Pro 8 and used a Kaleidoscope effect from the Effects Menu/Reflection Effects/Kaleidoscope...(result attached).
    Using Vector Magic (because I like the simplicity of the program - plus the stunning results) to get back to vector.
    I then took this re-vectorized design back into XDPX and trimmed away the unwanted parts and re-coloured some elements. (attached).

If anyone else out there has a similar workflow (Gare, for example, who's Non Xara Art thread* is simply out of this world) I'd be very pleased to see what you do and how you do it.
    Bob.

*go on, have a look now, if you haven't seen it before, prepare to be amazed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	psp kaleidoscope.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	144.9 KB 
ID:	97682   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blue leaves.png 
Views:	216 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	97681  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tribal-o-scope.png 
Views:	128 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	97683  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: Bob's Xara (and other graphic programs) vector work

Bob, have you tried Mehdi's Kaleidoscope photoswhop plugin in XDPX? I don't know if that would give you the same result but if it does it might cut out having to use a 3rd program.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default Re: Bob's Xara (and other graphic programs) vector work

It's always enjoyable to mix and match programs and see what you come up with.