Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Cannot draw using tablet pen.

Quote Originally Posted by WAYNEWIZ View Post
    I am using a Samsung Windows 8 700T1C tablet PC which has a WACOM digitized screen.
    When I use Photo and Graphic Designer 9, I can use my digitizer pen to select tools and menu items, but when I try to use it to draw ing
    the freehand tool, the pencil icon appears on the screen but no lines appear !

All the other apps I have, such as Inkscape work fine. I have pressure sensivity enabled.
    Drawing with the mouse works fine.

Is there a setting I am missing ? Is anyone else having a similar issue ??

Thanks in advance.
    Having the same problem with my tablet also using both x9 64 and x9 32 bit apps? I'm also using Windows 8. Works fine using the mouse only with tablet attached?

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Just tried my Genius tablet & pen in P&LD9...nothing...can't even click on an objetc.
    Works fine in CorelDraw & Photoshop...
    Running Win7
    Just ran XAReg 2 (what a great little programme) and checked "pen support pressure mode"
    Makes no diffs - cant draw or create rectangle etc.
    BUT... I can select the buttons on the toolbar...so the pen is working.
    Any help?
    Thanks,
    Mike

Xara has told me the following: "There will be a patch update for Photo & Graphic Designer coming within the next few weeks which will fix this so you shouldn't then need to change anything in the registry for PGD9 to work with your pen input. You could use the trial for Designer Pro until then as you've got it installed now."

They had me download Designer Pro and change the registry as follows: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro x64\9.2\Options\Dragging)

In the right pane, right click on the key 'EnableTouch' and select Modify.

Change the value to 0 and click OK.

Exit the regsitry and re-open Designer Pro.

So it now works in the trial version of Pro.

Nothing else to be done except wait for the patch. Thanks for everyone's help.

That is good to hear, thanks for the info

Unhappy Re: Cannot draw using tablet pen.

Just to update:

It is mid_Sept and still no P&GD9 patch for this problem.

My trial of PRO is up .

Xara does not respond to my request to continue using the Pro trial beyond the 30 day limit or to get a refund.

And so I am looking for other software.

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    Last edited by WAYNEWIZ; 13 September 2013 at 01:53 PM. Reason: left out sentence

Xara have now fixed the problem, although I still had to mess with the registry to get it to work.

Thanks Xara !

How did you fix the problem? I am having the same problem right now it seems. Using X9 64 bit on Windows 7. It seems I am having the exact same issue. Everything seems to move, but when I try to draw a line, nothing. I know this worked in previous versions. Did you fix it by the registry change mentioned above. Trying to work on a project, and getting nowhere fast.

Thanks for any help.

First make sure you are running the latest version (9.2.3.29638). Use "Check for updates..." to make sure. That version has some compatibility fixes for tablets with Wacom digitisers.

If that doesn't fix the problem then set the registry entry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\Xtreme x64\9.2\Options\Dragging\EnableTouch to 0.

BTW: The term "tablet" has two possible meanings which are easily confused in this forum, "graphics tablet" as in Wacom Bamboo and "tablet computer" as in iPad. I assume you mean the latter.

Phil

I checked to see if I was up to date, and I was not. Every time it starts up it checks, and it was telling me It was up to date, until I did the manual check. So I did an update, but this did not fix the issue I was having. I had to go through the registry, and now it works fine. It now draws, and responds to pressure just fine. Thank you for the assist.