Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Page & Layout Designer 9

Hi Nathan, Why not look at upgrading to Designer Pro? It's got all the features of all the other Xara programs all under one roof
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

wrong reply..

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Here's a example of a .pdf file exported from CorelX4 and imported into P&LD.
    The text lines break in strange places and there's a really bad colour shift in the images even though when I exported from CD, I selected export images as CMYK

Attachment 98207
    Anyone had a look at this and any comments about hte text breaks?

Is there any way of setting the default page size and units in P&LD so that every time I create a new document, it's already set?
    I want A4 and cm or mm's...not legal and inches.

Is there any way of setting the default page size and units in P&LD so that every time I create a new document, it's already set?
    Open a blank document. There are some A4 templates you could use as a starting point. Use page options to set size, units etc. you want. Then file, save template. Click the box use as default template before pressing save.
    Last edited by tonylondon; 23 August 2013 at 11:16 AM.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Brazil View Post
    Okay, thanks or that, Tony.

It seems that as I surmised, the main difference is in DTP. Maybe this should be available at half price as an add-on to Web Designer?

Nathan
    If you're wanting to do DTP as well as web design then, as Angelize says, the logic is to go for Designer Pro. PLD is primarily meant for those like me who want to do DTP and/or graphics but are not wanting to pay for web design features we don't use.
    Tony

Thank you Tony!
    Could you look at my post #23 open the file and give an opinion as to why the text lines "break up" and any comments on the totally off colour?
    Many thanks,
    Mike

Thank you Tony!
    Could you look at my post #23 open the file and give an opinion as to why the text lines "break up" and any comments on the totally off colour?
    Many thanks,
    Mike
    The text breaks are not uncommon in this situation. There is a thread on this subject recently. Not sure about the colour shift.
    Tony

I find your attitude quite hard to understand in relating to different branded vector packages let alone your understanding the difference between colour modes. Everyone has tried here to be helpful giving you ways of importing a CD drawing into a Xara product and all you say, is that there is text breaks and colour shifts. It's like me going from the UK to the USA and jumping into a Ford Mustang from a Ford Focus, both are cars, made by the same company, one drives on the wrong side and most of the controls are in a different position. Well the same goes for vector programmes even with Adobe Illustrator it happens when a file is made with CS 6 it can't be opened at all in CS 2 and that is with the same company unless you do certain things.

Now I could go into depth on how you should export your file so that would come into PLD well or at least no colour shift but I would recommend that you Google " difference between CMYK and RGB" first so that you know how to change your colour mode in CD. The next thing I would ask you to do, is to open your PDF file in Acro Reader, to see if you can select all the text, to see if its CD or PLD that's causing the breakage in the text string. Hope to hear from you soon!
    Design is thinking made visual.