Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Page & Layout Designer 9

I have installed the trial and I'm thinking or purchasing it but...
    Tried to import a CorelDraw12 file using the import .cdr filter.
    Get message that the file might not work with this import filter and then Not .cdr file.
    Attached are 2 screen shots.
    Can anyone help?
    Also, does PLD9 have something similar to CorelDraw's PowerClip feature where you can paste an image inside any shape?
    Thanks,
    Mike

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cdr.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	97606Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cdr not.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	97605

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Page & Layout Designer 9

I don't have a CorelDraw file so I'm unable to test that, but as to your second question yes Xara has a similar feature called clipview and you can simply place any image (even a vector group or another shape) on top of any shape select both and hit Q and the image is clipped inside the shape.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Is clipview available in P&LD?

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Is clipview available in P&LD?
    Yes!
    Tony

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    I don't have a CorelDraw file so I'm unable to test that, but as to your second question yes Xara has a similar feature called clipview and you can simply place any image (even a vector group or another shape) on top of any shape select both and hit Q and the image is clipped inside the shape.
    Thank you Angelize!

Also tried importing Corel .cmx files - only some of the elements on the page show up in PLD....

Real pity this doesn't work properly...

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Also tried importing Corel .cmx files - only some of the elements on the page show up in PLD....

Real pity this doesn't work properly...
    Sometimes success is achieved when files are saved as earlier versions. That certainly used to be the case with Illustrator, so I've just checked help and that states you can import CDR versions3, 4 & 5 and CMX versions 5 & 6
    Last edited by tonylondon; 28 July 2013 at 01:30 PM.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by tonylondon View Post
    Sometimes success is achieved when files are saved as earlier versions. That certainly used to be the case with Illustrator, so I've just checked help and that states you can import CDR versions3, 4 & 5 and CMX versions 5 & 6
    Thanks Tony.
    Tried as .cmx5 - all the elements import but not quite in position.
    It's very primitive to only go a far as CDR 5 though, considering the current version is 15.....

No drawing application I am aware of imports "now current" CD files. And none do/translate all possible CD entities without some sort of problem.

You can download InkScape, I think it does up to CD version 8. There have been plans for that OpenSource application to open yet newer versions. But I don't think they yet can. I sometimes use it (or rather, UniConverter) to open legacy CD8 files to move into other applications. I think Illy does up to CD10 files, but I cannot remember for certain.

I keep CD installed on an XP Pro computer and use it to transfer some art. However, Xara really, really needs to update its import/export filters.

Mike