Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Page & Layout Designer 9

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Also tried importing Corel .cmx files - only some of the elements on the page show up in PLD....

Real pity this doesn't work properly...
    Sometimes success is achieved when files are saved as earlier versions. That certainly used to be the case with Illustrator, so I've just checked help and that states you can import CDR versions3, 4 & 5 and CMX versions 5 & 6
    Last edited by tonylondon; 28 July 2013 at 01:30 PM.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by tonylondon View Post
    Sometimes success is achieved when files are saved as earlier versions. That certainly used to be the case with Illustrator, so I've just checked help and that states you can import CDR versions3, 4 & 5 and CMX versions 5 & 6
    Thanks Tony.
    Tried as .cmx5 - all the elements import but not quite in position.
    It's very primitive to only go a far as CDR 5 though, considering the current version is 15.....

No drawing application I am aware of imports "now current" CD files. And none do/translate all possible CD entities without some sort of problem.

You can download InkScape, I think it does up to CD version 8. There have been plans for that OpenSource application to open yet newer versions. But I don't think they yet can. I sometimes use it (or rather, UniConverter) to open legacy CD8 files to move into other applications. I think Illy does up to CD10 files, but I cannot remember for certain.

I keep CD installed on an XP Pro computer and use it to transfer some art. However, Xara really, really needs to update its import/export filters.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Thanks Tony.
    Tried as .cmx5 - all the elements import but not quite in position.
    It's very primitive to only go a far as CDR 5 though, considering the current version is 15.....
    Wikipedia says this:

CDR file format import is partially or fully supported in following applications:

Adobe Illustrator - CorelDraw 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
    Corel PaintShop Photo Pro
    Corel WordPerfect Office
    Inkscape with UniConvertor installed; partial support
    LibreOffice with libcdr installed - CorelDraw 1 to X6
    Macromedia Freehand - CorelDraw 7, 8[46]
    Microsoft Visio 2002 - CorelDraw! Drawing File versions 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0 and 7.0 (.cdr), Corel Clipart (.cmx)
    sK1 - partial support
    Xara Designer Pro and Xara Photo & Graphic Designer - early versions of CorelDraw CDR and CMX
    Tony

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Have you tried using a pdf format to transfer files between Xara and Corel Draw? I can't test this but if someone else has both a current version of CD and a Xara program to test with I'd be interested to hear the results.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

An exported .pdf of a simple shape from XDPX9 (2.35kb) causes CorelDraw 9 and CorelDraw X6 to stop responding (several attempts).
    A similar simple shape exports from CorelDraw X6 at 1.3MB (!) and when imported to XDPX9, it is editable, but there is a distinct colour shift (CMYK to RGB).
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Why did I get a new email this morning announcing this product? Has something changed since the original release?

The email is dated 20 August 2013 and says it is a new product just released!!

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    An exported .pdf of a simple shape from XDPX9 (2.35kb) causes CorelDraw 9 and CorelDraw X6 to stop responding (several attempts).
    A similar simple shape exports from CorelDraw X6 at 1.3MB (!) and when imported to XDPX9, it is editable, but there is a distinct colour shift (CMYK to RGB).
    Bob.
    Hmm. I have transfered stuff before using a PDF between XDP and CD without unusual issues. Some usual issues can occur that happen when I use XDP to open a PDF--especially an AI or ID PDF.

The screen shot is a blend I created in XDP, exported as PDF and opened in CDX6. All editable.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-000507.png 
Views:	105 
Size:	129.6 KB 
ID:	98154  

Here's a example of a .pdf file exported from CorelX4 and imported into P&LD.
    The text lines break in strange places and there's a really bad colour shift in the images even though when I exported from CD, I selected export images as CMYK

sample.xar

wrong reply..