Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Default Re: July 2013 Tips and Tricks: How to Draw a Photorealistic Bottle Cap

Why not experiment with different colours and shading?!
    Try your ideas and personalise things - as Frances and stygg did, with their bottle tops.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bottle top gold.png 
Views:	185 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	97587  

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    even Opera.
    I exactly tried in the morning in Opera 12.15 on PC, anyway trying it now in Opera that shows even less
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opera.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	97591

The IE is excluded for me to use in anything (except that Xara has that as default browser at the preview ), but so checking in Chrome that is good
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chrome.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	97592

Hi Csehz—

We are having a problem with the server, however, I can read the entire tutorial. Additionally, the latest update to WordPress has an error or two, but again, this has not been a show-stopper for anyone. Or has it?

@Anyone else: is anyone else seeing this problem?

@Csehz—please use your browser's feature to clear your cache. If this doesn't work, when you get a chance, please cold restart your computer. Let it be off for about 10 seconds to totally clear the RAM. Then try the page again.

Also? Do not count out the possibility that your computer might have a virus. Computer viruses and the web go together, I'm sorry to say.

I had a virus two years ago, for an entire year that I didn't know about until I ran HitMan Pro. I thought my video card was corrupting my screen; I was blaming it on CorelDRAW, and modeling programs and the card itself, a GeForce 960. It was a virus Hitman detected and killed.

I'll make a PDF of this month for you if this doesn't clear up in a day or two.

This won't solve the browser problem, but it'll let you work through the tutorial!

My Best,

Gary

Hi Rick, interesting way you go. I had to make a mockup of a beerbottle with a redesigned label for a customer. I think by myself to do this only in DP9 and only vectors. I missed in Xara a gradiant-mesh-fill-tool but I would do it with Xara. A cap print and its mockup was stil the purpose. After I was ready i read today You tut in xaraxone.
    So I share my mockup with all Xara users on this board.
    Greets from Germany-Bavaria

Ernie

Name:	Beer.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	97670   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beer2.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	97669  

I hope the tutorial, in some small way, helped.

Your drawing is brilliant, Ernie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    I hope the tutorial, in some small way, helped.

Your drawing is brilliant, Ernie.
    Thank You very much! Your tut is fine but we in Germany have a other industry standard for bottle caps, I think so. If I wrong correct me please.

I'd make my mockup before You post Your tut, so I created the cap with only 4 objects and the blend-tool. The attachet JPGs i generate yesterday.
    There are many ways to create fantastic thinks in Xara and I think here is the right place to learn one from other.

Greets from Bavaria

Ernie

Hi Ernie.

My hope is that lots of new users of Xara products can see that it's relatively easy to produce good results.
    There are many ways to do the same thing, which I'm sure an Xpert like you already knows.

A great tutorial, Rik. Everyones' examples show that you are a fine tutor.
    Bob.
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 30 July 2013 at 11:33 AM. Reason: misplaced apostrophe
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    Hi Ernie.

My hope is that lots of new users of Xara products can see that it's relatively easy to produce good results.
    There are many ways to do the same thing, which I'm sure an Xpert like you already knows.
    Thanks for Your compliment! But I'm sure not an expert in Xara. True is, I practice over 20 years vector drawings. I'm an old school graphic designer who learned the analog techniques, that is helpfull for my digital desings.

To work with Xara is realy fun for me. So I try to do all the thinks i made before in AI and/or Corel/Inkscape/SerifDraw. Xara is for me an other exelent tool for my compositions.
    But now it's my preferred tool for drawing with vectors.

I hope I'd allways time to share my works and experience with you!

Sunny greets from South Germany

Ernie

Thanks also from me for the tutorial - always learning something new. Here's my attempt and a variant. I used the mould tool to skew the perspective of lower one.

Name:	bottletops.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	221.6 KB 
ID:	97691