Help for DW3 integration is a bit thin on the ground in the Xara documentation, so I've kinda guessed my way through it

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Draw your image in Xara
<LI>Save your Xara document as normal
<LI>ctrl+shift+e as normal
<LI>Click on the Image Map tab (not the most logical place to put this feature?)
<LI>Select Add Design Note
<LI>Export as normal as a gif/jpe/png etc into the directory you're storing your website locally
<LI>XaraX creates a folder called _notes and in that folder, creates a file called filename.gif.mno in the folder you just exported to

<LI>This is where the documentation ends
<LI>In Dreamweaver, click Edit -> Preferences -> External Editors
<LI>Click on each extension (gif, jpe, png) and click Browse. Point DW to XX's folder and exe
<LI>If you have any other editors shown (eg Fireworks or Photo Editor), make sure you click onto XaraX and select Make Primary
<LI>OK that window

<LI>Now insert your graphic you you just created, as normal
<LI>Single click on the graphic with the Properties toolbar open (ctrl+f3 if it's not)
<LI>Click on the EDIT button (only shown on the double-height window, so click on the V arrow to enlarge if necessary)
<LI>This is supposed to open the Xara file you used to export the GIF from.
<LI>There appears to be a bug. It may be because I missed a step somewhere, but if Xara X is open at the time I press EDIT, it will open again (tell me it is a Beta copy, open and load a blank document).
<LI>If XaraX is closed though, it will be opened and your file loads as intended[/list]