Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Need help ASAP! How to do this in Illustrator instead of Photoshop (Burnt wood text)

http://www.visualswirl.com/tutorials...ect-photoshop/

I need help accomplishing this effect INSIDE of Illustrator instead of Photoshop. Conversely, I could prepare within Photoshop and transfer to Illustrator with a little help. I have attempted to do this but it never looks correctly once transferred over
    IP

Default Re: Need help ASAP! How to do this in Illustrator instead of Photoshop (Burnt wood te

Well, I would use a bitmap editor. But I think you can get close.

I have attached an AI CS6 file in a ZIP that is about 2.5 megs--it has a reduced size of bitmap from the article you linked to. You don't mention what version you are using. There are only 3 items in the layers panel with one the bitmap. Click on one, then open the Appearance panel to see the applied effects and settings for that particular object.

Take care, Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-000452.jpg 
Views:	16229 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	97465  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Default Re: Need help ASAP! How to do this in Illustrator instead of Photoshop (Burnt wood te

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	branded.jpg 
Views:	24189 
Size:	189.0 KB 
ID:	97493
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.
    IP

I love the way that new members who need information ASAP, either don't check back or don't have the courtesy to say Thank You ASAP!
    IP

thats why i did it in xara

ya boo sucks

lol -> http://www.visualswirl.com/tutorials...ment-975293232
    Avoiding Manual Labour.
    IP

Well, if I thought I needed kudos, thanks or other forms of recognition, I would no longer be posting much on any forum. Some forums are far better than others for such a response.

I figure I do it for the learning experience--the can I do it in this case.

As far as AI versus XDP? Ah, it took the same amount of time. I did it in both applications. With one exception...I sure have always loved AI's Appearance Panel. Makes for stacking effects very quick and easy. Not a big deal in the above AI example file. But it can make a difference in time, especially if one is tweaking effects.

Mike
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    I figure I do it for the learning experience--the can I do it in this case.
    thats about the same reason i do these thigns
    because i know the people whos first post is "help asap need this now"
    just want somebody to do their homework for them
    on a par with "can you make this 10 x 10px jpg logo transparent and spin pls"
    Avoiding Manual Labour.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I love the way that new members who need information ASAP, either don't check back or don't have the courtesy to say Thank You ASAP!
    hes busy checking the 367 other forums he posted it in
    Avoiding Manual Labour.
    IP

Hi there - I am in need of some guidance with this in Illustrator as well - but I'm using CS5.5 - would you mind saving your burnt illustrator file down and reposting?

Much appreciated - thank you in advance!!!
    IP

This should be OK to open despite AI's warning some effects may be lost. I don't have CS5.5 installed any longer. If the file has issues, just pop back into the thread and I'll reinstall CS5.5 tonight.

Take care, Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP