Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

xdp6 Confused on new web publishing feature.

I know one of the new features in X9 is the web publishing feature where you put page numbers and those with tablets can flip through the pages. I have an Android and went to the pages that were designed using this new feature but saw nothing but a website that I had to scroll down like any other except there was page numbers on the bottoms as I scrolled. In fact, I had to left and right scroll to see the full pages before scrolling down. What am I missing? How is this feature any better than just normal scrolling?

Richard

Default Re: Confused on new web publishing feature.

This topic should probably be moved to the Web design chat section.
    I know one of the new features in X9 is the web publishing feature where you put page numbers and those with tablets can flip through the pages.
    You mean like a 'flip-book' ? That's news to me.

I figured it belonged here since this is now a feature in XP9. The impression the new features article gave me is that there was some benefit to tablets by using web pages with page numbers. But when I viewed the pages, it was worse than a regular web page because I had to scroll left to right AND down. I am trying to figure out what benefit this new feature is and what I am missing.

DPX9 has all the features of the child apps (Web Designer, Photo & Graphic Designer, Page & Layout Designer).
    The pro version has exported websites since version 4.
    The web chat section is for Xara web related topics, not just the Web Designer application.

The point of the DTP for the web feature introduced in version 9 is to allow devices to view DTP style publications as a continuous webpage rather than a PDF file which may need a special app installed.

ok, but the necessity to have to left and right scroll to see the page? I never have to left and right scroll to view a PDF on my tablet or Kindle too for that matter. If my choice is to have to left and right scroll AND scroll down to see pages, I will choose PDF in a heartbeat.

That depends on the device's browser default zoom view and screen size I should think.
    But yes, you may chose to use PDF instead if you wish.