Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default awesome tutorial covert a sketch to vector

not for the faint hearted, this one, but a look at how a master creates his vector art from pencil sketch to finished work

http://www.gomediazine.com/tutorials/comic_book_style/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inked1.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	144.7 KB 
ID:	97860

you cant get that from a filter!
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Default Re: awesome tutorial covert a sketch to vector

That's a great tutorial, Frank, thanks for the link...."I like to make an analogy between a good batter in baseball and a good illustrator. A great batting average for the major leagues is “.300.” This batting average means that they get 3 hits out of ten, or get a hit 30 percent of the time. I think that this is a reasonable expectation for an artist to have as well. If I can get 3 decent drawings out of ten attempts – I feel fairly good about myself."...wise words.
    Not only is the finished character cool, tough looking, muscular and athletic, it also seems to possess superpowers, being apparently ambidextrous.
    Bob.
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 04 August 2013 at 07:41 AM. Reason: addendum
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: awesome tutorial covert a sketch to vector

I'm going to go out onto a limb and suggest you meant "convert" and not "covert"?

Paul Soderholm did most excellent Guest Tutorial on the same topic using Xara here http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest62/