Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Were's the Twain?

Don't know whether this is suitable for you - Dmitry Malutin's Microscan http://www.xaraxone.com/html/shareware.html [scroll down a bit to find it]. Long time since I used it as I rarely need to scan so can't guarantee how it works on more modern systems

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DMs_Microscan.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	97292
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

As an added bit of trivia with relevance to this particular thread...

Lexmark scanners allow you to chose additional programs that you can have your scans appear in. With that function, I can scan directly to XDP X9, which saves a step anyway.

I hope that helps,
    Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Yes, you're right Eric, I'd forgotten about the option to launch an application.
    This of course is an automated extension of the scan to clipboard function.

Microsoft removed/no longer supports twain in 64-bit applications/OS. If Xara added support, it would be to the 32-bit versions of Xara applications. Which means for all of y'all using 64-bit Xara applications you would need, in essence, a second application (the 32-bit version) with which to scan into. Many/most scanner manufacturers don't have 64-bit versions of their drivers.

I use VueScan. Look it up.

Take care, Mike

You know - it's a convenience thing. Corel Draw has an Acquire, as does Draw Plus, Photoshop and many others. We use it here to scan checks and contracts and such directly into QuickBooks. Of course we could go to another program and save a document then go back to QB then import that document as an attachment, but just clicking Scan and then gong through the normal scan steps is a LOT faster and much more convenient. It doesn't have any "programming" for the scanning function built into QuickBooks, just a call to the canner driver application. The rest is magic.

Personally, I couldn't care less about the feature since I don't have a scanner on my system and I mostly don't need the function, but I can understand why people would have the request.

Quote Originally Posted by zaphodeist View Post
    Don't know whether this is suitable for you - Dmitry Malutin's Microscan http://www.xaraxone.com/html/shareware.html [scroll down a bit to find it]. Long time since I used it as I rarely need to scan so can't guarantee how it works on more modern systems

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DMs_Microscan.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	97292
    Good advice. I can't find any option on my scanner to scan to clipboard but I have found Microscan and that seems to work fine. Thanks
    (Just hope I remember where it is next time it is needed!)
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by slavelle View Post
    You know - it's a convenience thing. Corel Draw has an Acquire, as does Draw Plus, Photoshop and many others.
    http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/...p-cs4-cs5.html
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.