Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Dialogue box and find option

Hi all,

I (still am) a RISC OS user. There are a few minor items of RISC OS I would like to see back in Xara (knowing that the roots ly in Artworks and Impression.

1) When I use the find option in Xara the caret has to be put in the dialoguebox manually, is it possible to change this?

2) ctrl-u in RISC OS would empty a dialogue box. Windows does not know this (but it marks the text which disappears wen ''touched''). There are however many situations where one would like to ''clear the box'' with one stroke.

By the way: I am a very happy user of Xara but sometimes still use Artworks -and not for nostalgic reasons....
    Last edited by André; 17 July 2013 at 07:07 PM. Reason: typing errors

Default Re: Dialogue box and find option

André, I agree as I can still be quite productive with RISC OS's select/menu/adjust mouse buttons in ArtWorks.
    Pity Computer Concepts didn't bring over some of the HCI features; I recall they alway claimed they coded everything and avoided windows library calls.
    Pity Acorn didn't invest in the correct C+ compilers to allow RISC OS to flourish. It should have replaced Windows, but it was Betamax versus VHS all over again.

Acorn

Default Re: Dialogue box and find option

Welcome to TalkGraphics Andre