Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iframe problem

Default Iframe problem

I am having an issue with XDP9 pro X64 no longer displaying the contents of iframes when previewing. This worked fine before and still works in WD9 using the same file. I've already tried repairing and reinstalling the program. Would appreciate knowing if anyone else has had any issues with this. Viewing the htm file outside of Xara works OK.

Christine

Default Re: Iframe problem

Sounds more like an IE problem than a Xara Designer one.
    Have you tried the other browser icons from the preview window?

Tried all browsers from the preview window - all the same - outside of Xara even IE displays it correctly.

Baffling...

Christine

Yes, odd. Sounds like the built-in server is having problems. Maybe a port conflict?
    You've reboot the PC I assume?

Rebooted - reinstalled with reboot in between - even reinstalled to a different disk.

Just been experimenting and it only seems to be happening when trying to load a local file - if I point it at an actual website it works.

Never had this problem before and it works fine in XDP8 and WD9 using the same XAR file.

Christine

Christine - Are you publishing to a folder on your computer?

I just helped a friend with an iFrame using the Embed a Website widget and even though it was a long process. The reason why it was a long process is we were adding an additional Visual Slideshow and so we needed to publish the slide show to it's own folder and then use the Embed widget to bring the slideshow into the page.

Exported to local folder - can't put it live until testing finished - can't finish testing because the preview doesn't show the iframe properly - exactly the same file and export works fine in WD9 and XDP8.

Christine

For the slide show, I created a new page the same size as the slide show. I added a rectangle the same size as the page and pasted in the necessary code for the slide show.

Then I made a placeholder for the iframe that is the same size as the slide show and created the script and instead of using Insert, pasted the script into the placeholder.

Trying to manually resize an Embed Website widget is tedious and crazy-making.

CF_IFRAME_ERROR.ZIP
    I've just sent the attached zip file to Xara support - if anyone wants to try it the iframe code would need changing to point the file on your own PC.

Christine

Hi Christine,

Where your prices.htm is located in the root folder rather than the index_htm_files folder, please use ./prices.htm for you iframe code src= rather than C:\Users\Christine\Documents\Testing TBS\prices.htm.

HTML Code:
    <iframe src ="./prices.htm" width="100%" height="100%">
      <p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p>
    </iframe>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-07-26_070223.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	97521