Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: DPX9 Manual

Default DPX9 Manual

I'm not sure if this is the right group to ask this question please move if not

I have upgraded to DPX9 from version 7 and with all the changes I would like to invest in a version 9 manual (I know the manual is on the disk but I don't have it yet) and I do like to have a printed copy that I can dip into from time to time but I can't find anything on the main Xara site about the manual.

Default Re: DPX9 Manual

Did you upgrade from version pro to DPX9? If you did you might not get a printed manual, but I don't know that for sure. You might contact Xara support and ask, and if you can buy one.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Larry is correct
    Comprehensive printed manual (except for upgrades from older versions of Pro).
    But you can buy the manual for $21 (£14) from here:
    http://www.xara.com/uk/products/

(right column, second box from bottom)

Xara Designer Pro X manual
    A comprehensive printed manual for Xara Designer Pro X.
    Note: All new copies of Pro X include a printed manual in the box (upgrades do not, but the Pro X CD does include a PDF copy of the manual).

Designer Pro 7 to Designer Pro X9 - You don't get a manual with upgrades - I have tried calling Xara for a few days but I guess they are busy with all the releases as I always end up with "No one can take your call please try later" PLEASE Xara make this the first announcement and save me the pleasure of navigating the "Press 1, Press 2 and to be really ticked off press 3 maze"

Actually I have found a company that will print the Xara PDF manual in A4 spiral bound format for £62 (1 off) - I know it's pricy but with my eyesight it will money well spent plus I only upgrade every 2 years so its not 2 bad - I do like spiral bound manuals they are so much easier to work with

Sledger - that manual is for Pro X (ver 8) and it is an upgrade from an older ver

They don't sell Designer Pro X (v8) any more. The text on the site likely just hasn't been updated.

I'd be careful about having the PDF printed, it's covered by copyrights and cannot be reproduced without permission (see legal section)

Thanks for the info sledger and it's a good point re copyright infringement - I hadn't considered that - Its a pity because A4 would mean I could dispense with my magnifying slab!!!

Personally I'd drop a line to Xara and ask..
    http://www.xara.com/uk/contact/

I'm looking to buy another V7, and Xara won't sell me one. Any chance I can buy yours geoff99?