Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Windows Media Player to appear within website when click play

Hi,

I have a windows video to play on my Xara 9 Premium created website. When the link is clicked the choice is offered between play or save. If play is clicked the file simply saves in the background and then when finished the player appears. Is it possible to link so that the player appears initially while the file downloads in the background? Otherwise it appears to the viewer that nothing is happening and that the link is dead.

Cheers Elixer.

Default Re: Windows Media Player to appear within website when click play

If your file is an .mp4 or an .flv, Xara Web Designer will embed it into your page with it's own built in player.
    If it's a .wmv, then you should convert it first.

Thanks for the reply. I converted to Mp4 and tried the import as a movie and now all I get instead of a player is the clear outline of the player itself with no screen, buttons, etc. Maybe I am missing something or the Vegas Mp4 format is not recognised or... ????

The Xara player expects the .mp4 to be h.264 encoded.

I tried all the render mainconcept mp4 settings out of Vegas 9, including apple formats, no luck. I re encoded with Handbrake to their Mp4 settings, no luck. She is a fussy player in Xara! Wonder why its so hard! Starting to wonder if its worth bothering about!

Sorry, I've never had a great deal of trouble, but then I don't use Vegas or Handbrake. I either just upload to YouTube and then embed, or convert my video to .mp4 (h264) then drag and drop into the Designer document window.
    .flv is better for streaming so if it's a large file I'd convert to .flv
    I use Freemake for conversion.

If you want, you can send me a link to your video file and I'll give it a bash in my copy of Web Designer 9 Premium..

Youtube is not a bad idea, I forgot about that path, it would save download limits on my site too. The file is on the www.aum-pi.com first page as Challenge video if you want to see what you can do out of interest! Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Elixer View Post
    Youtube is not a bad idea, I forgot about that path, it would save download limits on my site too.
    Exactly, and they have the right tech for best streaming on all devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Elixer View Post
    I tried all the render mainconcept mp4 settings out of Vegas 9, including apple formats, no luck. I re encoded with Handbrake to their Mp4 settings, no luck. She is a fussy player in Xara! Wonder why its so hard! Starting to wonder if its worth bothering about!
    Like Sledger I have never used Handbrake but I do use AVS a lot and it is easy to use www.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Converter.aspx and you can try all their programs for free!

Convert files to FLV or MP4 first by using some kind of converter, such as Wonderfox, Faassoft, and idealshare. They are not only good at converting your video but also convenient MP4 convertor.
    Last edited by Barbara B; 06 January 2017 at 12:45 PM.