Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: banner with animated gif inside

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    regarding the premium version 2013 if I delete that will in effect anything else?
    It shouldn't Mark. You can have multiple versions installed, each have their own folder, so if you install one it won't mess up the other. Same is true with uninstalling. If you open any xar file it should open with your newest version that is unless you have saved them as say a Xara2013 file. If you save them as all files (*.*)then there should be no problem.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Maybe this could be of benefit to you if you need it.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...3884-Open-with
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

hello Frank, I tried it again I made the background as you said that it still wanted to separate animations when I preview. The background is separate from the text and picture..

This is most annoying for you and for me as I hate to annoy you because you have been so generous.

Regards Mark

upload your xar file mark
    ill take a look

also tell me exactly what you want the animation to do

keep plugging away
    you'll get it eventually
    that's how i learnt
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Hello Frank, yes I keep going at it Q3I keep annoying you, there's the problem I don't want to do. you must be getting sick of it.
    Some time ago when I was making emoticons with putting a picture on one side of the square or a circle, he was taking a long time when I had to do a picture for every circle or square, I thought to myself why I put the picture on each side while it rotates around (talking about really maker up here). Larry was really generous and we ended up getting their. Now I can make them without even having to look at the instructions, I can use the old squares that I may previously have put the picture on it, if it doesn't fit I go to web designer and make a bigger square.

These programs would have been the most value for money I had ever seen. People using a program on the website I use which is a chat session place and I asked somebody how did they do that, that's how I found out about xara program 3-D maker 7, actually version 6 at first.

Last night I looked at your first demonstration that you made with your circle and text, that is impressive, something simple for you, it took about 5 min most likely will take me for ever. Once I get the hang of it and start with making stuff like I want to do, finding out where I am going wrong.

Anyway sorry for all the hassles, regards Mark PS even though it says it is for Larry is meant for you, I was trying not to bother you
    Attached Files Attached Files

hello mark

i took the file you provided and have played with it a little and have come up with the following

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wheels_@mark_animation.gif 
Views:	114 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	97450

here's the xar file : wheels_@mark_animation.xar

please have a play with it to see how the animation was done

what i have done is:
    • enlarged the photo of you
    • flipped your photo so you're looking into the animation instead of out it
    • used the background leaves of your photo to extended that a little to the right and fade out
    • given the rest of the background a dk grey -> clear blue gradauted fill
    • dropped in a 50% transparent map of oz (but you dont see it very well, that the trouble with australia its so bloody big)
    • separated the twitter logo and removed its background
    • removed the twit bird
    • drew a "caution hopping marsupials" sign
    • tried to combine a wheelchair logo on it (but that too isn't too obvious, was running out of mental steam there)
    • made your twitter username shoot about across the banner

there's lots going on visually on this banner but in fact the only thing animated is your twitter username

i feel very sorry for you, thats a really crap haircut!
    getting old has its advantages ;-)

ask me any questions you like
    its no bother really, im enjoying this
    i think i can tell the differnce between people who are taking the p*ss from those who appreciate the help
    the people who annoy me are not the ones who ask the questions i assure you!

take care
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

hello Frank, thank you very much for that work you have done, I will have a look in the morning is nearly 2 AM. What I wanted to know is what was I doing wrong with my version, I cannot get to seem to get it right. I am missing something, it will be something simple I bet.

I was just about to write to you and say that I do something wrong or say something wrong because you have replied quickly previously and I thought it might have been because I had Larry and Frank of the submission I think.

I really appreciate everything you do, only wish I could do what you do or even one 10th

If you are wondering how I talk and write to the computer I use dictation software not sure if I mentioned it previously. So sometimes there are mistakes that I send it too quickly before I corrected it so sorry about that.

So I just want to know what I did wrong with my upload, and also thank you greatly what you did to my upload. Regards Mark

OMG I just had a look at your creation what a masterpiece. Where did you get the graphics if I cast, that Twitter and the kangaroos sign.

Also I have to find out what keeps causing my program to work sometimes and the others, I'm in contact with support but it takes so long to get a reply. I was wondering if I should post the here, what is your suggestion?

Forget the above statement I just reread your posting underneath, you drew the sign OMG and everything else. The other thing I would like to change the colour of the writing of my Twitter (Mark_is_Me) to a lighter colour, but I will have a look in the morning when I could see properly. Sorry about the other problems previously.

Frank that's very well done. You are a master. And I know mark appreciates all the help you have given.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

What I wanted to know is what was I doing wrong with my version, I cannot get to seem to get it right. I am missing something, it will be something simple I bet.
    it is

step one was good, you did a hidden background frame
    but then you put nothing on it, so you need to go back to my earlier post about background frames and why
    but maybe you wanted to put something on it and your software had a hissy fit
    i have a mate who uses software called jaws for the blind
    if i had to use that every day id give up on computers as well
    probably on life actually its incrediby expensive about a thousand euros and its detestable

ok then you created a frame (frame 3 in your file) with your stuff on it

so now you have a hidden background frame (1) and a frame with objects (3)
    and thats where you finished
    you left out another frame , blank this time,so that the animation can loop between frame 3 and 4
    remember, your frame 1 is a hidden frame
    this means its only visible as a background to all other frames
    its part of the graphics but its not part of the animation

all you have to do with that file you uploaded is add another frame, put nothing on it and run the animation
    you'll have what you hoped for

all i did with the new file was add bells and whistles
    thats something that comes with experience
    and knowledge of the software

I was just about to write to you and say that I do something wrong or say something wrong because you have replied quickly previously and I thought it might have been because I had Larry and Frank of the submission I think.
    nah, just dont forget that when im on here answering people its because im bunking off work, lol
    and sometimes work sleep or eating has to come first

I really appreciate everything you do, only wish I could do what you do or even one 10th
    you can and will if you set your mind to it
    it just takes time thats all

Also I have to find out what keeps causing my program to work sometimes and the others, I'm in contact with support but it takes so long to get a reply. I was wondering if I should post the here, what is your suggestion?
    post yur problem on here
    if you dont get a reply from support then youll get help on here thats for sure
    when we hassle them enough they reply lol
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Hello Frank, here is the error message I tried to open the program today and came up with this in error (c4e3829b-21cf-43f7-bec5-efce71223012) a further update, here is another error (0x4EC5F068)I don't think anybody would be able to help only support

Anyway there it is, regards Mark
    Last edited by wheels; 24 July 2013 at 09:30 AM.