Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default banner with animated gif inside

Member needs help creating a static banner with animated gif inside it.

EDIT: " I have been making static banners with Web designer or graphic designer. I want to make one when the animation in it, example a rectangle banner similar to a static banner but with animation in it. Is there anywhere I can find out how to make animations with either of those programs using GIf."
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default Re: banner with animated gif inside

Hi,
    the Xara Designer Pro has animation feature that can export as animates GIF...the gif tho' has some restrictions 256 colors ...
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Flash is probably a better way to go. Though Flash is not supported in most mobile devices. http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/workbook55/page_1.htm

Thanks guys I hope that will help him.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

a big thank you to Larry, I did not realise he was doing this, I did check on my other postings and saw this in the forum which looked familiar to what I was after, and that it was for me which I did not know about.
    I have both Web designer 7 premium and photo graphic designer 2013, along with both versions of 3-D maker, 6 and 7.
    I know you can do a animation in Web designer, I have never done it.
    I also asked Larry if there was any tutorial on this forum to make an animation, he could not find it straight away.

I am quadriplegic and enjoy these programs very much to make things for people and for myself put on a website.

Hopefully I can make something with these programs.

Regards Mark

here's a banner ad i rushed off

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lightning_over_panama_harbor.gif 
Views:	179 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	97180

banner_ad.xar

to create it here's the very quick how-to:

1. first choose your banner size: http://designerstoolbox.com/designresources/banners/
    2. in xara, go to file > new > animation
    3. go to utilities > options > units and set page units to pixels
    4. go to utilities > options > page size and set paper size to width, 468 x height, 60, landscape
    5. choose or create your banner background. this can overlap the page edges if you like but only the 468 x 60 page area is what we will be displaying
    6. the animation frame gallery should have opened at frame 1, click properties
    7. put a checkbox in background and uncheck where it says show frame and, very important, click apply
      in this way the image will be included in every frame of the animation but the frame will be ignored
    8. in the animation frame gallery click new
    9. your page is now on frame 2, and this is the first frame of your banner ad (because of 7 above)
    10. add text, images etc to your frames, dissect the attached xar to see what sorts of frame speeds work best

remember, this is a gif animation so ignore anything that says flash

to do your first flash animation the process is quite different and none of that is covered here but the help file includes quite a good beginners tutorial

incidentally, don't call your file banner or ad or any combination of anything that might make an ad-blocker think this is an ad and so hide it from view
    the size itself will set off most ad-blockers so choose something quite generic
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

On behalf of wheels, Thank you Frank. I can make gif animations and put it on a banner like thing, but when it comes to the web I'm at a loss. So please don't get Mr. Whatshisname after me.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

no worries
    glad to help
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

hello Frank, thank you so much for all of this. I just logged in as I keep forgetting getting sidetracked by a lot of other things. Thank you for the step-by-step info that is a major relief. I see a lot of people making their own on the website I use and would like to make some good ones. I make a lot of things with 3-D maker which are also good but I would like to do something different.

Appreciate your help greatly, regards Mark

once again, glad to help
    just holler if you need help
    best to do so in the forum and not email
    that way all users get the benefit as well
    cheers for now
    Avoiding Manual Labour.