Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Default Re: Custom Splash Screens

Oh, I like the line, Big Frank!. More importantly, Charles likes it.

-g
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    I like this one a lot Gare.
    Thanks, and by the way, I can't seem to get the 64x version to take my splashscreen.bmp screen when I put it in the bitmaps folder, rewriting the original.

Have they changed this procedure?

TIA,

Gary
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    I can't seem to get the 64x version to take my splashscreen.bmp screen when I put it in the bitmaps folder, rewriting the original
    you need to take control of %SYSTEMROOT%\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X10\bitmaps but that's always been the case since vista so i don't know why it's not working for you
    what happens when you try to rename splashscreen.bmp to splashscreen.bmp.old

which line does charles like

last night i fell asleep in front of the tv and woke up with a start (don't know why) and poked myself in the eye (also don't know why)
    a bit sore but thought nothing more of it and went to bed
    this morning i wake up with a whopping shiner and now everybody thinks i'm a battered husband
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.
    IP

[QUOTE=Big Frank;511492]you need to take control of %SYSTEMROOT%\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X10\bitmaps[/FONT][/COLOR]

I admit I don't know what you mean by taking control of the SYSTEMROOT, Big Frank. Historically, I've just climbed into the bitmaps folder, renamed the current splashscreen, and named mine spashscreen.bmp, like this here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	no-show.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	103455

...and I still get that stupid, corporate, geometric shades of blue guy for the splash, even though I deleted the sucker.

Every other versions 5,6,7, 8, and so on happily take my replacement BMP, but not 10. I've even replaced them in both the 64x and 32x folder.

I'm going to see whether Photoshop queered the deal by writing something Xara doesn't recognize as a valid BMP.

Then I will give up.

No joy,

Gary
    IP

I just tried this and I can't get it to work with ver 8 or 10 - can't try ver 10 anymore as my trial has just died - not sure i have actually tried this before under win8.1.. I think it worked under win7....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

8 works for me, handrawn, as does 9. I'm still running Windows 7, 64x, and version 10 is the only version you can't replace the splash screen by just substituting your own bitmap. Now I've nuke that piece of uninspired art, it's not in the Bitmaps folder, so I'd assume it's hard coded into the executable.

Any one else have this experience? I'd appreciate any input because every time I open 10, I shudder

-g
    IP

yes now I try it again it works in 8 - not sure what I did wrong, maybe the dimensions were off if that matters or something...
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

ok being pig-headed I just tried it on a new install on windows 7 64bit and I got it to work with XDPX10 64bit - I copied the original splash into xara and replaced fill and re-exported it as a new splashscreen.bmp - that worked.... go figure
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Xara DP x64 here - put splashscreen.bmp image in the c:\program files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X10\bitmaps folder and it showed up on next launch (not 64bit subfolder or anything) I tried at both the original image dimensions and a much larger version and both worked without issue.
    IP

I finally got it to work, and have absolutely no idea what the hold-up was.

Funny, it's on a much shorter time than the default splashscreen. Only happy to get the ugly out of the way.

-g
    IP