Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default where are the live EFx

Just got the new xara pro9 and there is no Live efx..

Mike
    Life's too important to be serious
    Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz / 8 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    / Dual Monitor. / Windows 7 Home premium 64bit .

Default Re: where are the live EFx

Looks like I have upgraded for nothing as the live efx will not work in 64bit.
    No photoshop plugins will work with the new all singing all dancing Pro9

Can I load the 32 bit pro9 on my 64bit system. ?

Mike
    Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz / 8 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

It is in a fly-out normally with the Photo Tool.
    Use Ctrl-F5.

Acorn

Thanks the live FX are there but all the ones which were in pro8 are not there .
    How can I get them back as they are in pro8

Mike

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi Mike, Because 32 bit plugins can't be used in the 64 bit program the set up button to set up your plug ins does not work (it's been disabled) But all is not lost because you can have both the 32 bit version and the 64 bit version (when you purchase DP9 you can get both versions with the same license) You can't run both at the same time but when you close the programs down they auto save so if you have a document in the 64 bit version and you want to apply a live effect you can close it down then open the 32bit version apply your live effect and lock it then close 32bit and reopen 64bit and it opens the saved file and you will have your effects. Just remember to keep the effects locked in the 64 bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks Frances I have now worked it out ..... I also uninstalled the 64bit and installed the 32bit...... so I only have the one on the comp now ..... If I reinstall the 64bit that will mean I have installed it 3 times already and i always put it on my daughters comp as she does work for me ...... so they will most probably say I have reached my limit.....When I looked at the comparison chart on the Xara site all the green ticks were there when you buy the Pro version so I just upgraded not thinking plugins would not work.
    I guess there must be a good reason but I just cannot understand bringing a 64 bit out that only does the new plugins which are not nearly as usefull as all the old ones....... one case in point is the tutorial that you did for the metal looking text that I was looking for...... I cannot follow you instructions if i use 64bit.
    Thanks for your work round .....and tutorials.

Mike

Thank you, I had the same problem. However I have just downloaded the 32bit version and installed it only to find that the opening screen wont accept the serial number.
    I have checked that I used the same email address when downloading.
    Is there a clue in the fact that my PRO X is referred to as a 'crossgrade' or am I just having a dodgy day.

Quote Originally Posted by frightful View Post
    However I have just downloaded the 32bit version and installed it only to find that the opening screen wont accept the serial number.
    I have checked that I used the same email address when downloading.
    I remember having had the same problem with version 8 last year. If I remember correctly, closing the program and starting it up again worked but perhaps I rebooted my computer.

Thank you, it wasn't that, it was all this sunshine we are getting. messed with my head and I downloaded the wrong version... now sorted.... the programme that is, not my head !

Angelize when you say 'lock' it do you mean lock the layer in the P+l gallery is this correct? as i have not used the effects much

scruffy
    "A designer knows he has achieved perfection, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."