Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

xdp6 xpdx9 splash screen

they get more and more bland
    i think with the whole windows 8 microsoft rebrand everybodys going for flat linear iconography
    shame
    i loved the original xara splash screens
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xpdx9_splash.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	97093  
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Default Re: xpdx9 splash screen

It looks good.

I guess this is the current trend of what is deemed professional looking. It is a bit bland and not very exciting but I don't dislike it and it does represent the all-in-one "suite" of programs well. Unfortunately I think colourful exciting splash screens are out of fashion with 'the professional look' at the moment. I think they should have matched the progam icon to the splash screen look though, the old brown one seems disconnected from the blue colour theme in the splashscreen.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Blah, it is. Windows 8 style doesn't say "professional" to me at all. It says "ugly and uninspired". And I'm not just referring to the Xara splash screen, which at least is only blah.

Well I suppose this begs the question of whether we should have a mini-contest for bragging rights to come up with a better X9 splash screen using the new software.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

My complaint with the DPX9 splash screen is it is not consistent with the other three products in the suite. What is the point of having a suite of products if it does not look like a suite?

As you can tell from my avatar, I love the flat graphics in Windows 8. The colors are bright, not dreary, and the graphic are crisp and clean. Again, the problem I have is very few software companies have followed the Windows 8 design theme so you have a hodgepodge of styles. What those who like extra vowels in their words would call a dog's breakfast.

LOL .. dog's dinner!

I'm more of a 3D bling kinda guy. So not into the new splash screen. Not into W8 either. All flat, square and boxey.

A stick of celery is bright, crisp, and clean, too.

And about as appetizing as the New (Flat) Black.

-g

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    A stick of celery is bright, crisp, and clean, too.

And about as appetizing as the New (Flat) Black.

-g
    Unless you're a BIG fan of celery then its scrummy! - Who really cares what the splash page looks like! - I use the brief moment whilst Xara loads to take a healthy sip of Tea and then its down to work. Now I'm not really a professional "Creative Designer" more of a "gifted amateur" but I have in various positions in my previous life (before retirement) been surrounded by many "creative" types and the one thing I discovered was - put 100 "Professional Designers" in a room and you will get 101 (not a typo) "correct ways to do the job" and they, like programmers will almost never finish the job as they are discovering new things/methods/trends and as a project manager you had to lay down tight deadlines and lots of guidance and to always remember that the most important thing in any web site/leaflet/brochure is Content, Content and Content - with layout and design secondary to that (boy I can feel the flack already!!!) That said for someone who struggles to draw a straight line with a ruler I am in awe of some of the images that people create with Xara.