Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: x9 - no new drawing tools

Word document import doesn't import Word tables correctly, but as stated here in the release notes:

http://xaragroup.magix.net/designer-pro/notes/

Note there are some Xara features not supported by Word and vice versa, so there will be documents that cannot convert. However most normal Xara documents and Word document should convert with good fidelity.

Note: The Word import / Export is work-in-progress, and we will continue to improve both. If you have a Word document that doesn’t work, please submit a support ticket...

Have you sent the Word doc you tried importing to Xara support, Steven?

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    Have you sent the Word doc you tried importing to Xara support?
    Sure, but since there is the strongly worded caveat I assumed this was a known issue. You can test yourself by creating a new Word doc, insert any simple table, save and import into XDPX9 to see that it will not render properly. My test table had 3 columns and several rows, text only, no formatting and nothing else in the Word doc.

Quote Originally Posted by Know1 View Post
    Simplicheck. It's basically spam Magix/Xara decided to bundle with the trial version in order to make more money by giving us bloat.
    So the software will run well without it. Correct?
    Have fun creating!
    William

William--Xara does not need it...in fact, don't install it. It is spam-ware.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    William--Xara does not need it...in fact, don't install it. It is spam-ware.

Mike
    OK. Thanks!
    Have fun creating!
    William

Quote Originally Posted by Know1 View Post
    I understand the 32/64 bit difference; the thing is you can't open 64-bit plugins in Xara Designer Pro X9 64-bit at all.
    All you get is a message saying you should use the 32-bit version of Xara if you want to use Photoshop plugins.
    So just to clarify then. If I upgrade to the 64 bit version I can't use the Eye Candy 4000 plugin (the one I use the most), even if I bite the bullet and stump up for the Eye Candy 7 64 bit plugin.

As a matter of interest, is it still possible to change the UI using Ctrl+AlT+Shift+ whatever it is that used to switch it?

Can anybody tell me if there is any benefit to going 64 bit? Aside from losing the annoying "Out Of Memory" messages, is it actually any faster?

Hi Jimi

You get both versions and you can have both versions installed on your computer, as well as any older versions.

You can have 32bit and 64bit on your computer with the same license key. EC4000 and a lot of other PS compatible plug-ins work in 32bit XDP9 as in previous versions.

There is a workaround for bitmaps in 64bit though:

if you have any bitmap editor that can use Adobe type plugins, set that up as your bitmap editor in DPX9 64bit.
    In this way you can apply a plugin effect to a bitmap in DPX9 64bit from Utilities>>Bitmap Editor, which will open your set Bitmap Editor where you can apply the effect and save. The bitmap will then update in DPX9 64bit complete with the effect!

If you don't have 32bit Photoshop installed or another bitmap editor that can use Adobe plugins, there are several freeware programs available that can.
    Or you can install PhotoShop CS2 for free from Adobe.
    Courtesy of Sledger http://board.xara-users.info/viewtop...p=39289#p39289
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Thanks guys. Pardon me saying so, and I don't wish to be a party pooper, but an upgrade that makes me jump through several hoops to get what I had before in one easy step is not really an upgrade.

Since I use that plugin a lot, it would seem that I must just as well forget about the 64 bit version and install the 32 bit one. So, can one still switch the UI back to standard Windows? And is the 64 bit version any fasterfaster?

Also, by any chance is the facility to remember the previous export folder for web projects in the new version?