Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Liquid shape

Hello,

Im new to this group and a intermediate user.
    I am trying to achieve the following effect:

http://www.angelfire.com/music2/orionstation/liquid.jpg
    (Sorry its on angelfire)

Its the silver shape that is on top of the bleue one.
    Just to be clear, im NOT asking for the chrome color texture or emboss(bevel) effect. But for the liquid type shape. Its not as easy at it looks.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kai
    IP

I would create the drip shapes using the paintbrush and smudge tool, you might need to clean up the edges a little after smudging.

Create som general 'splodges' with the paint brush tool, irregular shapes, then use the smudge tool to 'drag' out the drip shape.

You could also use the 'pen tool' or the 'freeform pen tool' to draw the shape.

hope that helps

~Vp~
    ~Vp~
    IP

Hi Vp [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The 'liquid' effect you see there IS done using a bevel effect. Whether it's the bevel & emboss filter from the "Layer Effects" is open for debate. But it looks like it to me.

If you referring to the 'drippy' shapes, use the Air or Paint Brush and draw them, using a medium grey colour. Then apply the 'Layer Effects' bevel & emboss filter.

"The lessons to be learned, are found along the path of your journey, not at your final destination. That is only where you will rest, between lessons"
    IP