Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Where have the export options gone?

Hi

When I choose the Export option I get a Save dialog box to choose the format and file name, but that's all.
    How do I know whether it is saving the selection, the current page, or the whole document?
    In some cases it exports the selection and in others a whole page!

I seem to remember in the past
    1) I could choose whether to save the selection or the drawing (this is before documents could have multiple pages!)
    2) I could choose the bitmap dimensions and resolution
    3) I could choose the palette
    4) I could choose the quality
    5) I could choose the anti-aliasing options
    6) Image map and browser preview etc
    7) I got a preview of before/after

I've just loaded Xtreme v2.0 and my memory is not faulty, the options are there ;-)

How do I get all those options in the latest Xara Pro X? Have I missed something obvious?!

Thanks!

Default Re: Where have the export options gone?

Try the settings button.

make sure you click 'export' on the menu and not 'export PNG' or 'export JPEG' - the latter two bypass the options

[this will then work as before]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

There's something very weird with this one...

Exporting to JPEG or PNG from a new document takes your default values (i.e. the settings you used the last time you exported) So all the dialogue shows is filename and folder and nowhere a possibility to change the settings

If you choose Export and you chance the filetype to GIF or TIFF you're presented with a second dialogue were you can make alterations to the settings. Once done and choosing Export to JPEG or PNG again the export dialogue suddenly shows the settings button!

So: Xara: please have a look at this issue for I fear we have a bug overhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Exporting to JPEG or PNG from a new document takes your default values (i.e. the settings you used the last time you exported) So all the dialogue shows is filename and folder and nowhere a possibility to change the settings
    In Designer Pro X (v8), P&DG9 and WD9P, the settings button is there when you export from a new document to PNG/JPEG and becomes active after you enter a file name.

Red face Re: Where have the export options gone?

Thank you -- I can't believe I missed that option!!

right got that... I'll remember it too - I almost always keystroke for export, so go the 'export' route by default - so never noticed the button either
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...