Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I found the rendering that was formerly below interesting because it was the first time I collaborated with others to produce a drawing in Xara. Bruce is the senior technologist in our architectural firm. He hand drew a perspective sketch for the proposed building over a site photo. We scanned in both his sketch and the photo. Both are part of the final rendering.

Karen is our senior CAD operator. She has watched me create graphics in Xara but hadn't used it much herself. For this one she did about 90% of the rendering in Xara X. To facilitate her success I guided her through about 5%, giving her tips and techniques. It is IMHO indicative of the intuitive quality of Xara's interface that Karen - a Xara novice - was able to be productive. For the final touches (the last 5%) I did myself.

I'm pleased with the results although if we had more time we could have spent it on improving the "glass". It would have been better with the addition of reflections. Overall, we were attempting to have a somewhat painterly effect. I think we were successful. It greatly helped in keeping the photographic background/foreground elements from detracting from the proposed building.

For our busy architectural practice, the kind of collaboration we used here will probably become more common.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on January 10, 2001 at 09:54 AM.]

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on January 11, 2001 at 09:37 AM.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	notice.gif 
Views:	819 
Size:	4.0 KB 
ID:	4037