Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Timeout Error when publishing in WD9P.

Hi All,

All of a sudden I am now getting a Timeout Error when publishing my site.

Does anyone know more about this, or how to extend the timeout period? (My site has around 30 pages now).

Many thanks in advance,

Ian

Default Re: Timeout Error when publishing in WD9P.

It is possible the problem could be with your web hosting company.

One thing you can try is XaReg http://xara-users.info/xr2help/xr2/click.php?id=1 It is a free utility developed by Sledger and Soquily and Covoxer. There is an FTP section in which you can extend the time before you get a Time Out error.

It's problably worthwhile optimising your images in your website document before publishing your website.
    Failing that see the Xara FTP troubleshooter which covers this
    http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...d=9&parentid=0

I usually find I am consuming too many resources with other applications open (32-bit) so I close down those that are not needed.

Acorn

Actually, the problem is a little more complex than I thought...

What I did was this:-

1) I took an existing website project and saved it under another name (effectively duplicating it).
    2) I added a new Nivo slider to a page in the new project.
    3) I then copied that page with the new slider back as a new page in the original project.
    4) Tried publishing the project - Pages export Ok, Uploading sits at 0% and then BANG! Timeout error.

On further inspection of the files exported, it would appear that the images for the Nivo slider are missing. I think this is why the pages are not uploading - WD9 cannot find the image files.

If you preview that website document, does it display the nivo slider images correctly?

I doubt the nivo slider has anything to do with the timeout message. If the timeout occurs when the publishing progress bar is at 0% then it's caused because it has timed out trying to connect to your FTP server. This is covered in this troubleshooter http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...d=9&parentid=0

Hi Pete,

No, the Nivo slider does not work correctly - it only shows the first image.

I reckon what happened is that in copying a page containing the Nivo slider from one project to another, the images do not go across automatically. When I try to publish, the upload feature hangs because it cannot find the missing files.

I've been out today, but I will try totally rebuilding the Nivo slider in the project and see how that goes.

The problem with the nivo slider and the publishing time out message are separate issues.

The publishing progress bar is not getting beyond 0% so it's not looking for any files at all. Nevertheless, if it were looking for files, it will only look for files that it has actually exported, so again if it hasn't exported some images (for whatever reason) then it won't know about them to try to publish them.

The publishing timeout message is occurring because it has timed out trying to connect to your web server. Please follow this troubleshooter for the publishing problem and report back once you've gone through that if you still have problems with the publishing http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...d=9&parentid=0

On a separate note (as it's a separate issue) please upload your .web file where the nivo slider is not working as expected, I suspect it's due to how you have replaced the images in the widget editing document.

If I have a timeout problem through xara I export the site and then try to upload it via filezilla, if that works it is not the server, if it also does not work then the problem is with the server and it is time to contact the hosting company.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk