Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Gary's and the mystery ...

A bit of detective work needed

Look at these two pages and tell me what's different.

http://xaragroup.magix.net/page-layo...-9/quick-look/

vs

http://xaraxone.magix.net/PLD/index.htm

I really like the xarazone version. How was this made. How did Gary get the hyperlinks & menus on the xarazone site? My guess is Xara Designer Pro 9

Regards, James

Default Re: Gary's and the mystery ...

Actually, I hate to spoil the mystery, James, but the Xara Xone buttons were added by Barbra Bouton, who is married to the other Gary and who manages the Xara Xone website. To the best of my knowledge, the Xara Xone branded website was published directly from Page & Layout Designer 9, which was the whole point, to publish the site as a web document instead as a Website.

Actually, if you look at the source, you'll see that the xaraxone.magix.net site you linked above is indeed done directly with Xara, but if you go to www.xaraxone.com where the usual tutorials and such are, you'll see that it was done with Wordpress.

Yes, most of the Xara Xone is done in Wordpress because Wordpress has some advantages over Xara.

But in the case of this year's new product reviews, to the best of my knowledge, my reviews were created in the very product I reviewed and I trust that Barbara published them from the appropriate applications. At least that is what she told me.

Gary something about the combo of your brochure and the Xara Xone web presentation hit a sweet spot of web publishing, IMO.

Downloading the demo now of Page & Layout Design to determine how best to take what Gary did with a 4 page brochure and get it online with the menu and hyperlinks.

You're probably confusing me with OG (other Gary), Gary Bouton who does the Xara Xone site and tutorials. I just write the occasional product reviews these days.