Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Rainbow Logo - How hard can it be?

Trying to re-draw the attached rainbow so that its background is fully transparent in xara designer pro x but struggling. I have tried creating a series of circles then cropping the image down but I get line that go across the whole of the bottom of the logo from left to right instead of stopping like i would expect at each side. I have tried manually making a series of arcs but am finding it near impossible to get them lined up correctly. Am I doing something wrong? If so how would you go about creating a simple logo such as this in xara designer?

Then once created I need to create the background as transparent including the white section between the arcs. Daft as it sounds ive rattled a website off in no time in xara leaving the logo until last, now struggling with what i assumed would be a simple task lol.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    Martin
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Rainbow Logo - How hard can it be?

Try the blend tool on two arcs made from a halved circle.
    Create a no-fill circle with a heavy line weight then slice it in two. Break the points to remove the flat then clone the remaining open semi-circle and reduce the clone making sure the scale line widths is off.
    Then use the blend tool to create the steps, un group the blend then colour each arc accordingly.

When done, enable scale line widths if you want to resize the rainbow as a whole
    Attached Files Attached Files

Or... Make both arc shapes the same color, create your blend, and select Alt Rainbow from the Blend Color Effect drop down menu,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rainbow.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	97030  

I had trouble getting Roy G Biv with that method, but yeh, tried again with R as the outer and V as the inner, then used the Alt-Rainbow blend. Better

put your image to a background layer and lock it
    draw unfilled circles corresponding to your image's circles' width & colour
    constrain each circle using shift and have the bounds creation button selected
    continue until you're happy your drawing matches your imported image
    you now have a bunch of unfilled circles
    convert all circles to shapes using convert line to shape
    you now have a bunch of shapes with no outline
    group them and draw a line through the middle
    ho hum done
    it's easier to see with the xar file
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	transparent_rainbow.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	97036  
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

As usual, I failed to read the request.

Well, in fairness to us the title does specify a 'Rainbow'.. Green an yellow arcs do not a rainbow make..

since the first line of the request was "Trying to re-draw the attached rainbow" i just looked at the attached rainbow
    i suppose it might make things easier for you if tg users are given 512 chars for the title
    but in fairness to the op his post describes in detail exactly what he wants to achieve
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Everyone,

Many thanks for your quick feedback to my request. I have learnt a few new techniques which is always useful

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    since the first line of the request was "Trying to re-draw the attached rainbow" i just looked at the attached rainbow
    i suppose it might make things easier for you if tg users are given 512 chars for the title
    but in fairness to the op his post describes in detail exactly what he wants to achieve
    Apologies if my original request was unclear, the shape of the logo is a rainbow but as you can see from the attached, the colouring is bespoke to the clients requirements.

Still happy to see how you create a typical rainbow using the full spectrum of colours so that good. In fact your method would have been the quickest by far had they needed a proper rainbow effect.

Having tried all the methods above I found Big Franks idea of locking the original image as a background layer great. Something so simple which i hadnt thought of before.

Thanks once again for your help everyone, appreciate it.

Thanks

Martin