Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default NEW: Xara Page & Layout Designer

I know many of you were surprised when we launched Photo & Graphic Designer 9 without Pro X9. Well, we have another surprise for you – we’ve just announced a completely new product in the Xara range, Xara Page & Layout Designer. As the name implies it draws together the text and page layout features from existing Designer products, combines them with some new DTP type features and templates, adds in some of the drawing and photo tools to create a Designer product optimized for any type of print document creation. We’re planning to launch this next week, but you can already find out all about the new product on the Xara site @ http://www.xara.com/page-layout-designer/

It remains the case that Designer Pro is our top of the range, so v9 it will get all the features of Page & Layout Designer. So if you are a Designer Pro owner you might want to hurry along to Gary Priester’s ‘Quick Look at Page & Layout Designer’ on the Xara Xone @ http://xaraxone.magix.net/PLD/index.htm where you’ll be able to deduce some more of the new features you can expect in Pro X9, which will be arriving very soon!
    Kate Moir
    [url]http://www.xara.com[/url]

Default Re: NEW: Xara Page & Layout Designer

I guess this means pro is probably another few weeks away at least. I'm mostly interested in the new web stuff from web designer but the new dtp and print document features will be nice to have too. Will pro have any exclusive new features up it's sleve?
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

You will find out the answer to that fairly soon - it's less than a few weeks, but more than a cup of tea away!
    Kate Moir
    [url]http://www.xara.com[/url]

I'm incredibly excited for XDP9. If checking the features on this will give a good idea of what to expect from DTP features in Pro, then great.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

Thanks Kate. Now it makes sense. Good job. Look out indesign
    Joe

Is the new product 64Bit compatible? or still 32Bit?
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Page & Layout Designer will be available as a 32 bit program, which of course will install on a 64 bit operating system as well as a 32 bit operating system.

Hi,
    But will it recognize a 64Bit system full memory...or just the 4Gb that a 32Bit system recognizes
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

As with all 32 bit programs it cannot access the full address space of a 64 bit system and will be limited to the ~3GB a 32 bit program is limited to.

Quote Originally Posted by katemoir View Post
    I know many of you were surprised when we launched Photo & Graphic Designer 9 without Pro X9. Well, we have another surprise for you – we’ve just announced a completely new product in the Xara range, Xara Page & Layout Designer. As the name implies it draws together the text and page layout features from existing Designer products, combines them with some new DTP type features and templates, adds in some of the drawing and photo tools to create a Designer product optimized for any type of print document creation. We’re planning to launch this next week, but you can already find out all about the new product on the Xara site @ http://www.xara.com/page-layout-designer/

It remains the case that Designer Pro is our top of the range, so v9 it will get all the features of Page & Layout Designer. So if you are a Designer Pro owner you might want to hurry along to Gary Priester’s ‘Quick Look at Page & Layout Designer’ on the Xara Xone @ http://xaraxone.magix.net/PLD/index.htm where you’ll be able to deduce some more of the new features you can expect in Pro X9, which will be arriving very soon!
    This sounds great!
    However, I would like to know if this is a useful product for me as I am working on a book with over 550 pages including photos, sketches, folded pages and more.
    I am not a "friend" of InDesign 5, so if this could be useful for me I'd wait for XDP 9 or buy Xara Page & Layout Designer.

/Olle in Sweden
    User of Xara since 1997
    Olle Dahlquist
    Web and Graphics Designer
    Boden, Sweden
    olle@feelit.se