Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: price on:

Question price on:

Dear Xara,
    yesterday i bought the Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 9 on www.xara.com/ for $69.99, and today i've accidenely visited www.magix.com and see the price for the same product in $59.99. It's a bit dissapointing, but could you make this situation a bit clearer? Is it the same product? If i see a special offer about updating xara on their site (for example), can i use it, or it won't be valid?

Thanx!

Default Re: price on:

It is virtually the same product. Magix owns Xara, and products are sold under both names.

I guess like everything, it pays to shop around before you buy

PGD9 is the same product but 2 completely different promotions.
    Magix - PGD9 and PC Check and Tuning - usually $139.98 (for both bought separately), offer price $59.99
    Xara - PGD9 - usually $89.99, intro offer $69.99

Please contact Xara support at http://support.xara.com if you want to query it.

Hm good to be aware of this.

As first approach I would also think that does not matter where to buy the price is the same

There are promotions for things everywhere, and the Xara and Magix branding are separate.

The two offers aren't equivalent either.

For the sake of $10, is it worth a fuss?

Yes you are right, but this example so just trains the customers to be vigilant that there can be different options and packages between of the two sites.

Till reading this thread, I was not aware of that.

Anyway a little bit enough from this marketing manipulation, yes it can be named alo as options and alternatives, but rather just more confusion than not. So Magix or Xara are the same company or in which the same and which not. Similiarly with the simplicheck coming in the new versions, what is that for, or for example that the new page and layout designer was also a Magix product before? Too many marketing tricks

I believe that Xara and Magix are different companies, but Magix has bought the rights to sell and distribute the software and develop it in conjunction with Xara.

Naturally I don't know the details of the arrangement, but I'm pleased that Xara has retained their identity and that the agreement with Magix has helped promote the software and drive up sales.

The marketing can be confusing, but let's be glad for what we have rather than worry about the small niggles of branding and price promotion.