Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem with Freezing of Website

Hi Guys,

So I have been using Xara for while now. No problems with two other websites I have created with the software. I started to create this new one and it keeps freezing or stuttering on me when I am designing the website. The website file is only 4mb. Below there is a link to download the website design file. I would love to get some help. I can't figure it out. I have optimized the photos but it won't stop freezing and it is so slow to make any changes. Thanks so much for your help. It does it in Web Designer 7 premium and Designer Pro X. Really weird.

Here is the file...

http://we.tl/4y19xFv0R6

Thank you again for your help!

Ryan

Default Re: Problem with Freezing of Website

Your 3.50Mb file need not be any larger than 302Kb

The text with shadows and bevels ect is the problem.
    As these are to be created as PNG when published, make them a bitmap copy (shift+ctrl+c) during the design stage already then delete the vector version which is forcing your CPU to do hard work every time you move/scroll/zoom or anything.

See fixed attachment.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey Sledger!

Thank you so much for fixing it for me! What a blessing man! Again Thank you! I'm still a little confused by the bitmap copy and deleting vector version. If you have the time I would really appreciate it if you could explain it to me so I don't have another problem.

Ryan

Wait I think I figured it out! Thank you!

Sorry, I checked the header and your file was actually created with Xara Web Designer Premium 7, there is no 'create bitmap copy' available in that version.
    Your profile indicates you are using Designer Pro X (v8). Any reason you did not use this for your webpage?

Basically, lots of text on the page with a bevel applied and the a glow shadow is a fair amount of calculations the CPU has to keep up with every time you change page position, size or zoom level. This is what is sucking your PC resources dry and lagging out the responsiveness.
    To prevent this, once you have created your text to appear how you like, create a bitmap copy using the key presses shift+ctrl+c (in Designer Pro X) or export to PNG by selecting the object and pressing ctrl+shift+E or File>>Export PNG (or right-click>>Export>>Export PNG)then choose true color+Alpha.. Delete the original object off the page and import the PNG you just created.
    This will make your page more responsive when working on it. You see, when you publish, those objects will be converted to PNG in any case, so it's pointless putting up with resource hogging cpu maths by leaving the text+bevel+glow-shadow as live effects when you can can fix that as you go.
    Planning ahead can save design headaches.