Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Trouble with website on some mobile devices - fine on all desktop browsers

I have built a simple three page site (www.lisettesbiscuiterie.com.au) which displays as expected on all desktop browsers (firefox,IE,Safari,chrome).

But when I look at it on my android mobile using certain browsers (Dolphin browser) only the products page is all messed up and the background image appears mixed up with the other parts of the page. I tried with mobile chrome and firefox and it looks a much better. The background (pasteboard) image of the pears is gone, but I think that's fine for such a small screen.

It is also messed up on Ipads and Iphones. Here the products page background is showing through and my white page is gone. I have the 'do not scroll background' widget on this page and it doesn't appear to be working for these apple devices.

Any ideas on what may be causing this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Dean.

Default Re: Trouble with website on some mobile devices - fine on all desktop browsers

Mobile browsers are different, with some Android phones you have to enable javascript to see all features of a page. (Google it)
    In any case, your products page looks fine on Opera, Dolphin and Chrome on my Android JellyBean device.
    I don't have any iThings so can't comment about those...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	products.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	96599  

Default Re: Trouble with website on some mobile devices - fine on all desktop browsers

Thanks for the reply sledger. Those screenshots are really helpful.

I find it strange that my Motorola Razor HD mobile (running Jelly Bean) with the latest version of Dolphin Browser shows the products page all messed up while yours doesn't. I have made sure that java is enabled...

I'll try to post a screenshot.

Javascript.
    Not the same as Java

Sorry, I meant Javascript.

OK, I am pretty sure my problem with mobile apple devices is due to my stationary background picture and scrolling main products page.

I don't really need the background for these as it seems to get chopped off anyway.

Is there an easy way to redirect mobile devices (or specifically apple devices) to a different version of my products page that doesn't have the background?

Any desktop devices should still go to the normal page as that works fine in any browser (including Safari and Opera).

Thanks in advance