Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: input forms

Default Re: input forms

Thanks Sledger - here they are
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have been testing formstack and I am getting a strange result - I have created a contact form and in placeholder I have entered the html code in the body area it all seems fine until I preview the web page the form I just created appears at the bottom as it should (it actually over runs but that can be fixed) but it also then changes the background and places a slightly different form at the top of the page. I have checked and rechecked and I can't fathom out why it should be do this - I attach the .xar file hopefully someone can give some hints!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by geoff99 View Post
    ... but it also then changes the background and places a slightly different form at the top of the page...
    You have entered the html for a whole webpage into the Web Properties / Website / HTML Code (body) place holder. You should only enter html snippets, not whole pages. The .css file referenced is likely overriding the page background and the form is a result of that html as well. If you remove that code, the page displays as you would expect.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Form2Go-01.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	168.5 KB 
ID:	96847

Well spotted Steven - in fact it was old code from another test that I overlooked (also in the wrong place!) so I had 2 bits of code showing anyway its now sorted - Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by geoff99 View Post
    ... what I need to do using Xara is produce a form with some form creation tool - create the html code and parse it with F2G application then place the html code on the ? place Holder or maybe the body/header area then upload the PHP code to the server.
    Haven't tested, but this should work. Position your placeholder where you want the form to appear. In your placeholder, you should only need to put the html between <form> and </form> (including those tags), from the form you created outside of Xara.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    You can't create forms in Xara Web Designer.
    Only embed a pre created form code into placeholders.
    Xara Web Designer isn't a HTML editor, just a graphical designer.
    Sledger.. You CAN design forms in Xara. I have discovered how to use placeholders and layers to visually design a form. Still needs a PHP script to send the form but the controls on the form are in Webdesigner, can be placed anywhere you like (like normal with webdesigner).

I would write a short how to with example but where to send or where to post it?

(And can you remove this reply after reading since it is off topic?)

Geoff I use this one to great success:http://www.formmail-maker.com/generator.php. Designs the form and Produces all the files for you to upload and the html to place into a place holder to display the form. You can have as many on a page as you want as they can all be uniquely referenced. This is one I did which gathers a lot of information for a booking form http://cradleyvillagehall.org.uk/charges.htm.

hope this helps

ken

It's free!
    Last edited by mentorman; 28 June 2013 at 08:46 PM. Reason: to add it's free

Quote Originally Posted by teonieuwlande View Post
    Sledger.. You CAN design forms in Xara. I have discovered how to use placeholders and layers to visually design a form. Still needs a PHP script to send the form but the controls on the form are in Webdesigner, can be placed anywhere you like (like normal with webdesigner).

I would write a short how to with example but where to send or where to post it?

(And can you remove this reply after reading since it is off topic?)
    I would be interested in seeing how you do this

Quote Originally Posted by mentorman View Post
    Geoff I use this one to great success:http://www.formmail-maker.com/generator.php. Designs the form and Produces all the files for you to upload and the html to place into a place holder to display the form. You can have as many on a page as you want as they can all be uniquely referenced. This is one I did which gathers a lot of information for a booking form http://cradleyvillagehall.org.uk/charges.htm.

hope this helps

ken

It's free!
    Hi Ken - This looks promising - but a little complicated - I will have a good read of the instructions and give it a try - Thanks for the info

Far from it. It can make a form as easy or as complicated as you want. The thing is it allows you a lot of scope to design as you want if you want and the files come nicely packaged to upload to your server all you do is link to the iframe in Xara that you want to hold the form. Html is provided all you do is add it in

Ken