Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: input forms

Default Re: input forms

Quote Originally Posted by geoff99 View Post
    BTW there is a difference between www.form2go.com and the one I have - forms2go from www.bebosoft.com
    Yes! Forms2Go looks like a locally installed product that creates the PHP/ASP code for you.

Form2Go (from the Designs Gallery and here is an online form generator/widgte provider who host the form you create on their servers, but that can then be embedded in your web page.

Personally I use JotForm and Form2Go as they both allow you to design what fields your form contains. See this recent thread for more info

I also use Jotform (which is actually free if you don't have many submissions per month), and find them pretty effortless in terms of integration. However they have been known to go offline occasionally and I have found their facility to pass form data onto a Google Drive spreadsheet to be somewhat flawed. For the simple processing of forms though they are pretty reliable.

I have also recently downloaded Formoid (http://formoid.com/), which is a beta project by the guy or guys who make WOW Slider and CSS3 Menus etc. I haven't actually tried using it with XDP yet since I haven't had a project since I got it that required a form but it looks like it ought to work OK.

Formoid may or may not turn into a viable product. I have used the beta and it is very straight forward, but the last beta was in May and I may not live long enough to see the actual product.

You can integrate it into Xara products using a placeholder.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Formoid may or may not turn into a viable product. I have used the beta and it is very straight forward, but the last beta was in May and I may not live long enough to see the actual product.

You can integrate it into Xara products using a placeholder.
    Works fine in most browsers - but in chrome displays totally different.

Well I have taken note of all the advice, tips & hints and I'm now considering abandoning Xara for this project and go back to Sitespinner Pro - I had been planning to upgrade to DP 9 but I may just upgrade my SS Pro instead as Forms2go works just fine with it and any graphics I need I can create with my DP 7 and import it into SSP. This is not in anyway a criticism of DPro - I have been using Xara since it first came out for leaflet, booklet & Poster design and there is nothing better in my opinion BUT as for as web design I think it lacks some features input forms being one of them - Now I know "Xara is a Design package" argument but if you call something a WEB design package it should at least do what other Web design packages do and not rely on third party add-ins - There quite a few low cost packages like serif that do a pretty good job.

As I said this is not a rant against Xara - to be honest after many years in the design business Its quite common to use a variety of packages to achieve an objective as quite often no single package can do everything.

So if I can't get forms2go to work with Xara I have a hard choice to make - I have couple of weeks window whilst my client is on Holiday to resolve this - so any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff99 View Post
    So if I can't get forms2go to work with Xara I have a hard choice to make - I have couple of weeks window whilst my client is on Holiday to resolve this - so any suggestions would be gratefully received.
    Do you have an example form you want to integrate that you can post here? If so, someone may be able to assist you with the integration...

Hi Stephen,

Here is a link to a "Splash Page" with a working Form http://www.extra-pension.info/ - I created this with Sitespinner Pro and then used Forms2go (www.bebosoft.com) to create the php code which was then uploaded to the site hosted by Go Daddy.

The reason I would like to continue to use forms2go is I have paid for it and I don't want to have to incur more expense by moving to another paid service.

If you have got PHP code, or other code that you need to insert into a page to add a form then you can insert that into a placeholder in Web Designer.

Forms2go (www.bebosoft.com) to create the php code which was then uploaded to the site hosted by Go Daddy.
    I think a bit more information on what files and code you get from Forms2Go would be useful here to solve this for you.

Hello Pete - Here are the 2 files Forms2go produce. You first point F2G to the html web site it then saves a settings file then it saves the PHP code that you upload to the host server. As SSP has input forms built in there is no place holder required. what I need to do using Xara is produce a form with some form creation tool - create the html code and parse it with F2G application then place the html code on the ? place Holder or maybe the body/header area then upload the PHP code to the server. - I think F2G has a free trial so you could check it out if you want - The main benefit of doing it this way is as the PHP code is on your host server you are not being charged for every form that is processed and you can process as many as you like and F2G is only $30 so its a money saver!

Help - I tried to upload the files but got message invalid file type

Zip your files then attach them, Geoff.