Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default June 2013 Giveaway - Gorgeous Seamless Marble Textures

Gorgeous Seamless Marble Textures – June 2013 Giveaway

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marble-giveaway-header.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	96782

June’s Giveaway of the Month is practical, useful, and beautiful. Frances (“angelize” online) is gifting our community with 6 photorealistic textures of marble, from pink to green, to neutral and back again.

All the textures seamlessly tile, and they’ll come in handy when Gary Bouton posts the video tutorial on how to create a chiseled marble text effect (coming soon. Presale tickets available now at Ticketron and most finer supermarkets).

Get’em quick: Angelize might not repeat this offer, but the textures themselves will repeat.

Then show us here how you sculpt your digital world with this classic material.
    Last edited by Gare; 21 June 2013 at 11:26 AM.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

Default Re: June 2013 Giveaway - Gorgeous Seamless Marble Textures

Hi,
    I get invalid attachment warning when I click the link?
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi Jim, If you click on the big bold title it will take you to the Xara Xone download page for the textures. The small attachment link seems to have something to do with an attachment that was removed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thank you, Angelize. I really like the green and pink textures. Very useful.

We needed to reset the original post, to show the header on Xara Xone and the link, sorry about that!

Frances, they are gorgeous examples and will be very useful in a variety of layout situations.

Oh, by the way, here's a thought: Frances' marble images seamlessly tile but if you ever have a piece of good-looking marble or other stone that doesn't tile:

1. Choose Repeat Inverted as the Tile option. Depending on how many repeats you have, this might get you by, or it might look phony.

2. Put some grouting around the non-repeating tile! This of course is no good if you're illustrating a marble vase, but floors in fancy places always need those strips of metal so the floor doesn't crack as a result of humidity and temperature changes.

If you haven't downloaded this Giveaway yet, go get them. Don't take Frances' generosity for granite.

Sorry,

Gary

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Thanks to all , I'm glad that everyone likes the textures I can hardly wait to see what uses everyone finds for them!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks for the textures Angelize..they will be well used..
    Jim
    p.s. the new link works now.
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card