Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default June 2013 Tips and Tricks: Designing a Vector Camouflage Pattern

Designing a Vector Camouflage Pattern

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bob's top page slug.jpg 
Views:	1009 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	96775

When you put the power of fractal fills together with the versatility of Xara’s Bitmap Tracer, the result can be some pretty awesome pattern work. Bob Taylor takes you through all the steps you need to learn to make abstract, complex, intriguing digital camouflage textures this month in the Guest Tips and Tricks section. Learn More…

Show us your camo! And be sure to thank Bob when you see him!
    Last edited by Barbara B; 21 June 2013 at 01:17 AM.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

Default Re: June 2013 Tips and Tricks: Designing a Vector Camouflage Pattern

Thanks for the tutorial it is easy to follow and really worth to try. Personally I did not like this pattern too much in the past, maybe because someone applies on clothes, but you helped me to be open that in graphics it can be used on several places

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camouflage.png 
Views:	295 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	96799

Camouflage.xar

Maybe one issue I had that after the bitmap trace, at the second rectangle for me the pattern shapes were the black and the background green, so had to delete the big green, select all the shapes and color them back to green.

Thanks for the feedback. I think your bird is very creative.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

I think csehz's choice of colors for the camouflage makes a perfect disguise for the bird to hide in a package of Life Savers.

Well done, and fun!

-g

Thanks for that tips and tricks Bob, reminded me of the day I got called up for National Service in the Army, the look on my face!! which was not surprising as I was already in the Navy!!

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	96825  

That's a fun photo,Stygg. Thanks for looking at the Tips and Tricks and posting your result.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.