Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Repelling text

Default Re: Repelling text

Here is the file and thanks
    Graham
    Attached Files Attached Files

Two things wrong with your file.
    [1] You have applied Repelling to the text.. Wrong. Apply repelling to the image because it is the image which is doing the repelling.
    [2] You have placed the image OFF the page. The page borders are there for a reason, at least part of the image should be kept within the borders.

This is also why some of your navbar buttons are missing.
    Stay within the page borders

Hi Sledger, thanks for the fast reply.

I right clicked the photo to apply repelling? Not sure how the text got selected, please advise me?

Do you mean the text box borders?

Thanks again for your help
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by runedog View Post
    Not sure how the text got selected, please advise me?
    With the selector tool select the text, right-click and check "Repelling & Anchoring", deselect "Repel text around this graphic". As sledger mentioned, the text should not be selected, the graphic should.

Quote Originally Posted by runedog View Post
    Do you mean the text box borders?
    I am not really sure what you mean with your question but if it is about the contents being off of the page, take a look at your file that I modified a bit.

In the Page & Layer Gallery I selected the Page Background and Pasteboard Background layers and gave them different colors. The contents of the website should be within the magenta area, that is the Page Background. Hope this helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files

First remove the repelling from the text, Graham.
    The image will then repel the text as you have also applied repelling to it as well.
    The thin grey border on the white background is the 'page' area. Think of it as a white sheet of paper on a white background.
    Earlier versions of Web designer had a grey pasteboard area, so it was easy to see the difference, I knew this new 'feature' would confuse some people..
    Anyway, in general and by default the page content must fall within this area, anything outside that area will be on the pasteboard layer and not show unless part of it is touching the page area.
    (There are exceptions, but I don't want to go into that now)
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 18 June 2013 at 11:47 AM.

Thanks so much guys. I am registered blind but do have some sight I guess this is why I missed the page borders. Maybe I should change the pasteboard colour permanently so this does not happen again?

Thanks again
    Graham

Stupid question I guess, but how do I change the colour of the pasteboard so I can do this permanently?

Many thanks
    Graham

Open a new blank web document.
    Open the page and layer gallery and expand the page to see the layers
    Delete the Pasteboard and page background layers.
    Go to File>>Save template
    Name it default
    Put a tick in the box 'Use as default template'
    Press save.

From then on this will be your default New document.

Thanks Sledger, you are a star Now I have something to work with If I need to change the page background or the pasteboard background for individual sites, is this straight forward?

Very much obliged
    Graham